12 Laud Cucumbers To The Skies

Laud Cucumbers To The Skies

Posted on July 29, 2011 by kulichik

And comes a day when inhabitants of Istobensk village congratulate one another on a nice harvest of cucumbers.  Many of us like the vegetables. But have you ever thought of the labor that was invested?

Every cucumber grower must come through the rite of initiation.

Cucumber is a mere mystery. Till now there has been a tradition according to which nobody including members of the family and neighbors should see how the first vegetables are planted. Otherwise they will turn yellow. Cucumbers are gathered in the morning due to their strange property of growing at night.

12 Responses to “Laud Cucumbers To The Skies”

1. Verto says:

In Soviet time,no one allowed to enjoy these kind of “cucumber ….” fest! ! ! !

2. No_Suprises says:

I love pickled and preserved cucumbers. My mother used to make a lot of jars with cucumbers to eat in winter seasons. Pickled cucumbers are also great to eat while drinking vodka.

3. George Johnson says:

I like to see these sorts of things. In the US, a lot of small towns have harvest festivals.
    These sorts of things are really nice. The whole town gets to let off “steam”, they get kinda crazy, people come from all over.
    Good times for all. These people look like they’re having a great time.

4. Otis R. Needleman says:

Some nice-looking vegetables, and nice-looking gardens. We grew cucumbers on the farm many years ago. My mother and grandmother would make pickles. Mighty good.

5. parabellum says:

Clarify his statement, then it got too strong. I meant not all women living in urban areas and only those who are apart of things and no clubs ochem not think so.

6. Archy Bunka says:

A. Bunka here. Hey a cucumber festival! Someone forgot to invite Max and Roman, too bad. Yes, I have a sick sense of humor, and I am proud of it. It is part of my heritage. I have a clear conscious because I treat people like human beings in real life…

7. testicules says:

Last!

8. People's Commissar says:

Do all villages have an abandoned church?