37 Gay Love Leaves Kazakhstan

Gay Love Leaves Kazakhstan

Posted on July 29, 2011 by kulichik

The attitude to same-sex unions in Russia and former Soviet Republics is extremely negative. As of today, Russian legislation does not allow same-sex couples to marry. Those of them who don't want to hide have to go abroad like the heroes of our today's post.

The guys, Max and Roman, are citizens of Kazakhstan who have been staying in Brazil for more than 8 years. They met 9 years ago in a gay club and never separated since then. Roman was born in 1978, graduated from the Altai State University and got a degree in journalism. He is very popular in Kazakhstan due to his work on the radio and as a deputy chief editor of 'TimeOut Almaty' .

Max was born in 1976 and graduated from the Almaty Polytechnic University. He has a degree in oil and gas field development and operation. He is an oil worker in an international company.  8 years ago Max was shifted from Kazakhstan to Brazil and Roman followed him.

37 Responses to “Gay Love Leaves Kazakhstan”

1. Its sad that persons must leave homeland to get peace and freedoom. Kazakhstan should worry about other more important things than what two people do in their bedroom. But the weather is much better in Brazil,good luck to you both.

2. Diana says:

I am so happy for them! Que viva el amor!

3. ZeroDrop says:

I lived some years in Rio, and I can say it’s one of the most gay-friendly cities in the country. But Rio is a big center, when you go to small cities, most of them aren’t so gay-friendly as Rio de Janeiro. And this couple seem to have a good income.

4. ZeroDrop says:

Well, I agree Rio is not the paradise shown in these pics. At least, if you’re rich, yes, it’s a paradise. If you need to work hard to buy your food, then there’s no paradise at all. But this happens all around the world.

I’m a naturally born Brazilian, and I can say: it’s easy to find good friends on Brazil. But this depends a lot WHERE you look for friends. To look for friends on places intended for tourists and gay parties? Forget it, you’ll find no one trusty on these places, they only want your money. But if some real friend introduces you someone cool, than it’s a totally different matter.

There’s a lot of sly people in Rio, “malandros” in local language, ready to take advantage on you, but I think in Moscow, New York and other big cities, there’s a lot of “malandros” too. To take care of yourself is highly advised, anywhere in the world.

5. Brazilian says:

Were you from? Waffens-SS? Here in Brazil we have many violence, intolerance and prejudiced people, LIKE any coutry of the world …. but, we don´t care if you are a spanish, russian, GYPSES, or black, white or blue people … we are a mixed people, and YES this make our people many, HAPPY and BEFRIEND, more than many people…

• OldTimer says:

Be a “nordestino” and go to South Brazil to see how well you´ll be treated.

• ZeroDrop says:

About the corruption scandals in TV, yes, they happen too often. But it all began with the colonization, Brazil was born as a place with high corruption in politics, since the year 1500, when Brazil was discovered.

But, in Russia, there’s mafia, corruption… In Italy the corruption is high, too. On USA the bankers own the politics, and the country have a debt that grows year after year because of that. In some countries of Africa government makes people suffer a lot.

I would like to see an index of corruption cases by country to see what is the place of Brazil on that list. I don’t know if Brazil would be #1, but surely will be between the first 10 places.

6. Akasha says:

aaaaawwwwww ist that a chow chow? his cuteness is killing me <3

7. Archy Bunka says:

A. Bunka here. So, Max has a degree in oil development? When Max was student, did Roman permit Max to practice drilling on him?
    Leave and let live, but I will never understand it.

8. John says:

As with all the CIS countries, the successful, talented, intelligent leave as fast as they can, leaving a country of poor workers and mafia thugs. All those people founding US companies from CIS, they could have founded them in CIS, but there’s only opportunity in CIS to steal, not to build. People will keep leaving and their population will continue to go down.

9. Uncledoh says:

if j0r ghey, thaets yor own & personal problem doh

10. Musa says:

Now that’s a cute couple, I wish them happiness in everything they do.

11. Montesquieu says:

Good that they’ve found a place where they feel free.

12. xoxo says:

they are a very cute couple. good luck to them!

13. OldTimer says:

A father and son were attacked in Brazil because aggressors took them as a gay couple – the father had his arm around his sons shoulder.

The father lost one of his ears and was severely injured.

14. Brasileiro says:

Thank you for this beauty portrait of Brazil.

15. YJ says:

Life trapped by this role playing game.

16. (r)evolutionist says:

Comrades, in a way I don’t have a lot of sympathy for these people. No one cares what you do privately, but how come you have to ADVERTISE it?! Stay in your land and work. Don’t tell me your private problems. I’ve got problems of struggling to work while people are getting laid off left and right and our government is for, of, and by the wealthy!! These 2 dudes are well-off. Why should I hurt for them?!

17. opticalsound says:

Brazil nuts? (Sorry, I couldn’t resist- it’s just a joke, okay?)

• opticalsound says:

With a name like Roman, aren’t you destined to be gay? (another joke- I know, a bad one, sorry, Comrades..)

18. lady kaka says:

God! What do people (especially gays) need an iPad for? Aside from showing off, I mean.

19. popalumi says:

Extrema dreapta avem ,homosexuali avem.Ce mai urmeaza? Nu-mi place societatea haotica. Am nevoie ,ca noi toti dealtfel, de NORMALITATE!
    Bine spune Yanov aici la comentarii.

20. Cro says:

Are dogs gay to?

21. Arl says:

I’m brazilian and I’ll try to say some things: Brazil is a jungle: there’s a lot of corruption, injustice, impunity, intolerance, violence against gays, poor people and black people. If you’re not rich NOTHING works for you. People don’t have education, don’t react, don’t involve and nothing change. The church’s influence is huge, people are alienated. Brazil is the most hypocritical country that exists!

• ZeroDrop says:

Yes, there’s some truth in your words, but your affirmation is a pessimistic generalization, it’s not absolute.

I see many and many resemblances between Brazil and Russia. In both countries there’s a lot of corruption, there’s a lot of poverty, drugs and powerful criminal people.

On the other side, Russia also have beautiful places, technology, good-looking women, friendly people, tourism…

In ALL countries you have positive and negative views. Some more, some less. I don’t like when someone sees only one side of the question.

22. Yanov Uskhar says:

Disgusted with the concept that all homosexuals are supposed to be treated like they are some living incarnation of sainthood.Like we should worship them or something.Homosexuals are aberrations of nature and would do well to leave the rest of us in peace and should cease forcing their agenda on the rest of humanity.

23. Archy Bunka says:

I have never been to Brazil, I know exactly one Brazilian and he is a good guy.
    Unfortunately, what you say about them, “that they are lazy and sly and cannot be counted on” is all too common everywhere today.

24. Dmitri says:

Homosexuality is a disorder and sickness… it should not be accepted anywhere

25. Maxim says:

I hate how the article says “Natural and gay”. Since when is being gay not natural? Homosexuality is found throughout the Animal kingdom. Why should we be any different? And yes, I realize that this is how it is said in Russian, but this must be fixed (at LEAST in English translations!).

26. Adi says:

Feel happy for them. I wish all the best for this cute couple. :)