20 Going Higher with Cultural Monuments

Going Higher with Cultural Monuments

Posted on July 11, 2011 by team

The highest guy bridge in Ukraine was opened in 1990 and was considered as the most modern in the Soviet Union. It was the pride of Ukraine and Kiev. The main purpose of the bridge is to connect the central part of the capital with left bank areas and the main Kiev airport, Borispol.

Technical details of the bridge can not be called outstanding, but it is still the highest one in Ukraine. Its length is of 1256 meters, width - 41 meters, height - 133 meters.

20 Responses to “Going Higher with Cultural Monuments”

1. historian says:

What a pitty the chocolate factory will be closed. I will miss the smell of chocolate and the pictures of Aljonka and co.
    I also dont like the new building of the Lushkow era. They shouldnt build nothing higher then the 7 sisters, except the city. And the monument was build in the wrong city, you should mention what peter was thinking about moscow..

2. Musa says:

I remember the bridge from another post over a year and a half ago. One of the photographers was wearing grey sports shoes. But it’s always nice to see new pictures, thanks for sharing them.

3. Henry says:

The bridge looks like it’s overdue for some maintenance already. The catwalk is rusting badly.

4. Akasha says:

The Peter the Great Statue is damn ugly; not even St. Petersburg wanted it, or what has it to do with Moscow? What a waste of high-quality steel, bronze, copper and even gold.

5. OLUT says:

Anyone who can take photos this high up has my respect. Even though I feel fairly invincible with my camera in my hand, I would spend my time up there pooping myself and crying for my mommy!

6. historian says:

Learn some russian :) And then try again.

7. testicules says:

Douchebag alert

8. Conservative says:

Why are you bashing American conservatives on Russian sites, you big lib. Learn to appreciate conservative values.

9. testicules says: