Mikhailovskaya battery fortification monument of the XIX century is located on the northern side of the Sevastopol bay. Today we’ll reach the second layer of the casemate battery where an exhibition devoted to the heroic city is held.
Mikhailovskaya battery used to be an abandoned military complex later transformed into an interesting historic object.
During the reconstruction of the battery it was decided to preserve the natural atmosphere leaving bare stone walls and timber floor as they were. You won’t see any laminate or plaster here. Electric wires pass below the ceiling.
The casemates are separated into the side and residential areas heated with stoves. Every inhabited section is supplied with a stove like this.
The battery equipment is related to the 19th century.
Thanks to the special platform moving the weapon wasn’t difficult.
The major part of the exhibits are piled together negligently which is a very unusual way of item storage practiced by museums. But it produces an impression of time shift.
There is a seal on the box which states: Hope…1847.
Rifle bullets were stored in the box.