This original wooden palace was built in 1667 -1672, it amazed noblemen and foreign ambassadors with its splendour, so they even named the palace "the eighth wonder of the world". Unfortunately, 100 years after the palace construction was demolished because of its decrepitude, and only by the command of Empress Catherine II a
wooden model of the palace was created before its dismantling. Nowadays the palace recontruction is possible with the help of this model. The Kolomna palace of Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich opened its doors on the 4th of September, 2010. The appearance of the palace is almost identical to that from old images.