9 Photo Development In the USSR

Photo Development In the USSR

Posted on June 1, 2011 by team

Nowadays it takes some minutes to print photos, it is not a problem, but previously pictures development was a laborious occupation. Today we'll the whole printing process of the USSR times.

Take a photographic enlarger.

9 Responses to “Photo Development In the USSR”

1. JZ says:

I still have one of those! Though my is in better shape.

2. CZenda says:

The resulting picture will be greyish. 20+ yrs old photopaper would require very special developer to work properly.

3. Rodrigo - (arg) says:

you miss the last picture with the results of all that work!

4. OLUT says:

Neat post. Never seen a safelight like that, where you change from red to normal, that’s pretty cool. That guy should buy a timer, one should not have to count to 10.

5. xoxo says:

my dad used to have one of these!!

6. Musa says:

There are a number of people who probably aren’t familiar with all of this. It’s funny to see how things used to be done, so much has changed. Thank you for taking the time and sharing it all.

7. TDI says:

i had the full set when i was 12, made a lots of black and white photos with it. After a while i bought a colour Krokus. This blog post brings back so many good memories!!

8. Zonda says:

Also I have an Opemus Agfa photo laboratory , remained from my old one. In my childhood I’ve spent a lot of nights developing photos with my father.

9. Regnard the Knight says:

@TDI: I had exactly the same labeled magnifier – Krokus 69S, with a very sophisticated colour light head. It was based on the set of three filters: cyan, magenta and yellow. What is funny is the fact, that I bought this head separately: had spotted it on display of… small shop for gardeners. Strange – but last years of the Communist Poland were strange… Of course I developed mainly b-w photos, taken by the Zenit 12 XP SLR, very good analog camera :)