10 An Orphaned House

An Orphaned House

Posted on May 24, 2011 by team

Not so many years ago this house was full of life. But after the death of its hostess, an old woman named Zina, it became abandoned. It’s really sad to look at her possessions and realize that this person will never come back here. And only photos keep memory…

A rather terrible view.

10 Responses to “An Orphaned House”

1. Unknown says:

Village name?

2. Tracy Koval says:

She was a good looking woman when she was younger. It looks like someone(s) have picked through her belongs quite some time ago. It’s too bad no one has taken any interests in living in her home and keeping up with the maintenance of the buildings even to be used as a holiday home in the country.

3. Scott says:

Some pretty evocative imigary there :-)

A document recording the decay of an old woman’s surroundings as she herself decayed and took her memories with her, as we all do. Leaving behind these traces, snap shots, of past life for others to interpret for themselves. When I am having a drink later, I shall raise my glass to her (cheers)! What a hard life she must have had.

4. Otis R. Needleman says:

I’d say it’s time to take it all down and let Zina rest in peace.

5. selcuk says:

I dont know :-))

6. Bobble Hat says:

Very poignant. But, unexpectedly, her abandoned photographs and the people in them now live on forever in a small way, courtesy of the internet.

7. Zack says:

I want to read the newspaper underneath the wallpaper.

8. Niall says:

Is it in Belarus? Very poignant and sad.

9. Niall says:

I would like to echo Scott’s sentiment, raise a glass and say a pray for Zina tonight. I hope she is in a good place. RIP Zina.

10. Hamad says:

May she rest in peace,if possible, please collect all those photographs and keep them in an album or box with you and leave a paper on the wall mentioning your address so that if anyone of her relatives ever shows up he can come and collect it, please remember how dear those people were to her.