12 False Summer In the Agricultural Plant

False Summer In the Agricultural Plant

Posted on April 23, 2011 by team

The Maiski (May) agricultural plant is one of the biggest plants in Russia. Let’s visit it and see how vegetables and fruit live in cosy greenhouses.

Different awards, diplomas and other plant prides.

12 Responses to “False Summer In the Agricultural Plant”

1. Unknown says:

They messed up the nature.

• testicules says:

They should move to Florida. 12 month growing season. I don’t think this place would qualify as organic.

2. Musa says:

A whole lotta genetic modified chemical stuff.

I’m going to start my own indoor vegetable garden but with soil in big storage bins, one inside another elevated with rocks and holes to ensure good drainage and adjustable artificial sun light hanging from the ceiling, hopefully no chemicals and a poofy paint brush for cross pollenization.

I would rather have it outside but any vegetables would disappear around here. People have had their food taken right off the BBQ grill right outside their door.

• opticalsound says:

I’ve got nothing against g.m. vegetables. If science can help humanity, good.
      And that’s a cute lab worker; I’ve got a weakness for women scientists.
      Sorry about your neighbors, though…

3. marxistworker says:

Long live the Green Revolution. (Note it began operations during the scientific Soviet period.)

4. moo says:

Now that’s impressive!

5. six-string samurai says:

Anyone spotted soil in any of the pictures? I know at least the lettuce’s roots never touch it. Other plants too?

6. Mike says:

Very impressive! Not a single white fly, a very common greenhouse pest.

7. vadik says:

а канаплю, бля где выращивают?

8. remi says:

thank you for posting greenhouse operation, very interesting and congratulations on success. i observed similar efforts here in USA near NYC with hydroponic greens, tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, and strawberries. we used similar computer controlled hydroponics and ventilation, i recocognize similar high pressure sodium lights with remote ballast, bumble bees, yellow sticky boards for white flies, and the spun mineral block for growing substrate.

we couldnt work out the economics, lower cost produce than ours could be shipped in during winter, tho there were some competitive successes. even a european operation couldnt make it work economically.

one unfortunate aspect with hydroponic produce is, in my opinion, that the flavor is bland and seems washed out. A lot of field grown produce has little flavor though.

best of luck to this operation!

9. yule says:

Hydroponics and Aeroponics are amazing. I wish there were places like this in every town in the world – feeding people and creating jobs!

10. Baldraven says: