23 One Day Of A Village Priest

One Day Of A Village Priest

Posted on April 22, 2011 by team

How do you think Russian priests live? Some of our posts about them were kind of convicting. But not this one, about an ordinary priest from one village.

23 Responses to “One Day Of A Village Priest”

1. Unknown says:

Nice.

2. testicules says:

What a place to live

3. Old Timer says:

Real white people (not americans).

beautiful, always.

4. perristalsis says:

Priest seems to hang around very young girls and smiles a lot, hmmm.

• TheGenuineDon says:

Stop saying nonsenses, these girls are his daughters, Priest in the Orthodox and Eastern-Catholic Churches are almost all maried wth children.
      + Pax et Bonum

• perristalsis says:

My statement can be interpreted to go either way: suspicion or admiration.

But I don’t use a dead language to express myself: + Pax et Bonum back at ya! There’s a reason why they’re dead.

5. Matlok says:

Interesting post. I didn’t know Orthodox priest could be married.

6. marxistworker says:

Couldn’t help but notice the pic of him and the children looking at natural history photos. Wonder if he’s reminding them that, “These are fables, children.”

• vZ says:

Well, european clergy has no problem with believing that God created Universe with solar system and Earth, that condensed naturally from most basic particles billions years ago accordingly with God’s plans. Also, they have no problem with belevigin, that Earth is populated by living beings, that evolved naturally from single cell organisms billion years ago, the way God liked them to. Science does not negate religion, it just doesn’t really support it directly.

7. Musa says:

I agree he lives a beautiful life, more spiritual than material. It’s nice to see for a change.

When people hear the word “priest(s)” in America, they commonly think of Catholic priest(s).

A whole lot of people don’t trust priests since all the news of child s.e.x.u.a.l. abuse these days either.

So it’s understandable how someone could make the kind of connection that Perristalsis made.

It’s unnatral for human beings to go without having s.e.x.u.a.l. relations unless of course there is a medical condition that causes it.

It’s nice to know the Orthodox priests don’t get hung-up on all the s.e.x. B.S. that Catholic priests do.

• TheGenuineDon says:

You know, there is very good reasons for Catholic Priests to be celibate: as celibate, they fully espouse the Church. And the celibate is not linked with the abuses: the protestant ministers that are maried are 5 times more likely to commit abuses. And most of the abuses of children take place in the family (its statistics).
      And maried life for Priests can be tough also: I can say you that it is difficult for their wives and children, because God is alway first in the life of the Priest before them, and also there has been some scandals of Priests (even a Bishop in Finland) cheating their wife… Maried life for Priests is as challengeful as celibate.

8. Otis R. Needleman says:

This man acts like a man of God should act…he takes care of his family, and he is involved with the people of his parish. Looks like he is welcome and needed everywhere in that little town. God bless and keep him, his family, and his town.

9. Cindy says:

ONCE AGAIN, no captions! PLEASE, please caption the photos!

10. Niall says:

Fantastic photo story of the village priest. It reminds me alot of my own background.

11. R says:

Nice pics showing a good person at work.
    I think I have heard that, when an orthodox priest marries, he can’t get higher places in hierarchy.
    Greetings to all.

12. dars says:

Man i wish i could hhave a life like that!!! Western civilization is killing me:(( i would love to be a wife like that

13. uliqed says:

Such a lovely people

14. Setter says:

Very moving . As an Englishman I seem to have everything but realise I have nothing .