17 Novosibirsk From Above

Novosibirsk From Above

Posted on April 21, 2011 by team

The Novosibirsk region is located in the south-western part of the West Siberian Plain and occupies an area of 178,2 thousand square kilometres. It’s not the first time we show you pictures of this region from above, but new photos – new pleasure!

The region has two main rivers: the Ob and the Om. There are also several lakes with  fresh and salt water.

17 Responses to “Novosibirsk From Above”

1. testicules says:

Very pretty land

That is a really secure border

2. kusal says:

oh this is amazing
    well Russia is really beautiful!!!!!!!!

3. kusal says:

i think that Russia is the most beautiful country of the world!!!!!!!
    i think everyone will agree with me on this!!!!!!!!!!!

• Tody says:

I totaly agree. Stunning scenery. I hope to ride the trans-siberian railway one of these days. But I want to learn some russian first

• DouglasUrantia says:

The people of most countries will of course say the same thing about their homeland.

I live in the US…much of it is beautiful and much of it is just like any other country. Mountains, dirt, rock, grass…all the usual things on this planet.

4. Musa says:

Wow, this is amazing country. I love the colorful houses even the big ones. I wonder how often the houses that are close to the water, are flooded? I would love living that close but would have to build my home on stilts or a berm so my home wouldn’t be flooded easily. I love the fields seperated by crops of trees and shrubs. Thanks for posting.

5. cosa says:

super fottiiiii

6. BH206L3 says:

I would like to go on a walk about there with a fly Rod and well a hunting rifle. Looks like Montana! And In Montana is a state were the most important thing to have next to a pick up truck is a Fly Rod and a Rifle.

7. JZ says:

Wery beutiful!
    What is that production in pic 5?

8. Don says:

awesome I want to move there is there any farmland for sale?

9. opticalsound says:

Go East, Young (Russian) Man (and Woman)!

10. Neeee says:

Photos #1 and #3 are really cool. any ideas on how to get them in higher resolution (1024×768 or up) ?

• OLUT says:

You could try writing Gelio, the person who made the photos. I don’t know if he speaks English, but the E-mail is on the photos – gelio at inbox dot ru

You can also follow that “via gelio” link under the last photo to see his weblog (it’s also on the photos.) Pix are not larger there, but you should go there because there are many photo posts, there may be more you like.

11. 8-P says:

get the Blowup plugin for photoshop, it does a decent professional job increasing resolution of low resolution images…

The images are stunning, I wonder how many mosquitos live in the Novosibirsk region :-)

• MakeyJu says:

Well, I live in Novosibirsk and I can state for sure that TONS of midges and mosquitos live here. There also are also may mites so we have to inoculate T____T

12. Johan says:

Bout the 19th or 20th picture looks like an abandoned settlement. Could it have been a GULAG camp? I know from Solzhenitshen that there were camps in this part of Russia.