8 Another Supersecret Object – “Gadzhiyevo” Garrison

Another Supersecret Object – “Gadzhiyevo” Garrison

Posted on April 19, 2011 by team

Gadzhiyevo is the Russian town located in the Murmansk region. This town has the garrison with the same name. Here submarine forces of the Northern Navy are located.

Gadzhieyevo is the closed administrative and territorial formation. Guards check documents while entering the town. Every pier has one or two submarines near it. This is the submarine "Tula".

The rear admiral gives an interview to journalists and bloggers.

8 Responses to “Another Supersecret Object – “Gadzhiyevo” Garrison”

1. testicules says:

I am glad they have this school. I hope it cuts down on all the submarine accidents that the Russian navy always has.

2. Sean says:

I hope innuendos of questionable superiority would stop here. It is wonderful how some people try to contest without having an idea or relation to the subject ;)
    Russia just didn’t make any movie about American disasters, which, BTW, are many.

• testicules says:

Since you brought it up. I think history would show that the number and the seriousness of the incidents the Russian Navy has experienced. Greatly outnumber the incidents the US has had. I think it is safe to say that the US submarine program is vastly safer than the Russian one.

Still I am happy that this school is in place for the safety of the sailors.

3. DaveWeek says:

This is cool to see.
    It is very similar to New London. Although it has been a while since I was there. the training is tougher than it looks and is not taken as playtime like some think it is.

4. OldBikr says:

Why is the sub flying what looks like the national flag of Scotland at it’s conning tower?

The last time I checked the horizontal blue cross on a white field was the flag of Scotland. This horizontal blue cross is based on the cross of Saint Andrew, patron saint of the Scottish people. You see this cross and a vertical red cross on the Union Jack and this denotes the union of the cross of Saint George (England) with the cross of Saint Andrew (Scotland).

If you don’t believe me look it up for yourselves.

• Alexander Bogovski says:

The Scottish flag is a white diagonal cross on a blue field, the blue on white is the Russian Navy ensign.

• Pinback says:

Scotland and Russia both share the same Patron Saint, in Saint Andrew. Also during the time of Peter the Great, when the Russian Navy was created, Scots military advisers were brought in to assist.
      Scots had an influence in the creation of both Russian and US Navy.

5. whodareswins says: