22 The Most Creative Ads of Russia

The Most Creative Ads of Russia

Posted on April 9, 2011 by team

creativeads 9

Recently there have appeared many interesting outdoor ads in Russia. Though their performance is often very lame and ideas are not always original, such advertising is certainly an example of Russian creativity which arouses passers-by’s interest and smile.

creativeads 2

A good example of such advertising is the corrugated Olay Total Effect poster. Approaching it you see the word “Wrinkles “. But if you continue moving along it the word starts to fade and instead of the word “Wrinkles” a jar of the Olay Total Effect cream appears.

creativeads 5

This billboard advertises a Russian fantasy film “Day Watch”. In the daytime it looks more like a common poster. But at night the dark figures become very well seen.

22 Responses to “The Most Creative Ads of Russia”

1. FührerBunker.AT says:

F. Bunker here.

ahh that are kool ones, not like the ugly ad screens on New Yorkee’s Taimeskvuare!!

2. Musa says:

I hate advertising signs plastered all over the place, especially billboards. But I’m use to them having grown up as an American. They feel like someone is trying to cram something down my throat repeatedly or everytime I see the same ad. It’s annoying.

I’m all for getting creative with bus stops but not with advertising.

Interesting post anyway, I’m sorry Russians have to experience this all over the place and in your face advertising too.

3. opticalsound says:

Life is showbiz?

4. David says:

When I see these kind of things I wonder if my country is in a decline. I’ve been to Russia and Eastern Europe and it seems things are better there (if you can get a good job) than here in North America.

I am Russian Canadian and I wish to return to the motherland but it’s hard to gain citizenship when your ancestors have been gone for 4-6 generations…

5. David says:

Do not get me wrong – a couple of generations ago and none in my family was talking about emmigrating to Stalinist or Khrushchev… but then we had an economic boom in North America, farmland was cheap and we weren’t forced to live in the cities.

But today in North America… there’s a lot of social problems like racism and the economy is bad. In Canada, the housing bubble is between $200,000 and $1,000,000 for a family home and our country is 30 million and second largest in the world… O_o

It seems like everyone here is racist towards each other. It’s a lot worse when you are both a majority and a minority. Myself, I am often a victim of double racism – reverse racism for being white and racism for being a Slav.

I am working hard on learning Russian and Ukrainian – in order to emmigrate. I had a cousin who emmigrated 10 years ago and now he is working as an accountant in Kiev, makes $40,000 and has a better lifestyle than people who make $90,000 here.

• Comminism says:

$90K after TAX is $50Kish plus add health insurance and cc debt and you are making just an average salary.

6. David says:

Then I think the most important thing for him is the lack of racism in Eastern Europe. Yes… they are xenophobic but if you are a Slav (like us) than you are welcomed with open arms… I feel more companionship in a few short weeks in Eastern Europe than I’ve ever in Canada which is an otherwise British country.

7. David says:

Although my cousin says that the Caucasians and Asians get uppity when they meet him – they are upset that he’s considered more Russian than them :P

8. RAB says:

I am Canadian and I don’t understand why we are so cold to one another. I have been to the US like Virginia as example and people say hello every where,but back here at home people walk right by each other like your not there.

• Left SR says:

Could be a combination of culture/nationality, history, climate, environment. Rural U.S. Southerners are friendly from a history of isolation and hardship. Urban Northerners are less friendly from a history of overcrowding and competition. Irish tend to be friendlier than Balkan nationalities. Generally, of course.

• Archy Bunka says:

A. Bunka here. What’s up with that RAB? Canadians are a rather cold bunch and hard to get to know. They visit Florida and keep to themselves. I had a French-Canadian guy next door what an arsehule. As though he expected me to speak French! Get lost. I have nothing against Canada, they are the only ally we have where the word “trust” even comes to mind, but personally, I dunno.
      Archie Bunker never even went off on the Canadians, he didn’t bother, maybe that’s the problem.

• Archy Bunka says:

A. Bunka here. Overcrowded? Crime ridden? Not where I go. Miami maybe, who goes there anymore? Beautiful beaches, beautiful girls.

• testicules says:

Florida is a paradise. I wear shorts all year round. I have never seen snow. and the women are the most beautiful in the world. Unlike the north, girls in Florida don’t have to put on a layer of fat each winter. Keep your 300+ feet above. I’ll take sea level any day.

9. Ioann says:

The ad with the drill has to be the coolest advertisement I have ever seen! Whoever made that gets kudos for the creative idea.

10. Ali says:

Very interesting ads. Specially the first one.

11. Tufi says:

pakuniversities

• Archy Bunka says:

I believe if you learned Russian it would be possible to emigrate, the question is, why? Emigration from Russia is neverending, who goes there except to visit?
      I have visited Russia, and most of the people were cool. Unfortunately, I don’t speak Russian, I wanted to hang out a little and drink with them. This was 11 years ago, and things have changed in Moscow, everything is skyhigh now.
      I have been told: Russians, in Russia, do not have access to this web site.

12. Randy says:

How could they miss the Mini Cooper on the wall near Frunzenskaya at the mall with Planeta Sushi and TGIF?