19 Genocide Victims’ Museum

Genocide Victims’ Museum

Posted on March 28, 2011 by team

The museum is very interesting. It is situated in the building, which used to be the Committee for State Security of the Lithuanian Soviet Socialist Republic till 1991. The main part of the exposition is former KGB prison. You can get into every ward and feel the spirit of the death machine of that time on your own skin.

Preliminary Detention Cell.

19 Responses to “Genocide Victims’ Museum”

1. testicules says:

Behold the compassion of the communist system. Long live Marx, Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pott, Castro, and Chavez

2. zjoske says:

Hmm. I do not know what to think of these pictures.

3. Mikemc@boyakasha.zzn.com says:

WHAT EXACTLY DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND IN THE NUMEROUS SIGNS IN THIS PLACE SAYING “NO PHOTOGRAPHS” IN SEVERAL LANGUAGES.

YOU PUBLISHED PICTURES OF THE EXECUTION CHAMBERS, AS WELL AS THE TORTURE CHAMBERS. THESE ARE PLACES WHICH ARE CONSIDERED NATIONAL MEMORIALS. YOUR OFFENSE TO THE NATION OF LITHUANIA IS MOST LIKELY ONE THAT CANNOT BE FORGIVEN!

i HOPE YOU REALIZE THE PAIN THAT THE PUBLICATION OF THESE PHOTOS CAUSES, AND WILL REMOVE THIS ENTRY PROMPTLY!

• DF says:

As a viewer on this site, I don ‘t see the “No photos” site.
      I understand your concern, however, no many people are able to visit there in person, and these photos are very meaningful in reminding us that such crimes should not happen anymore.

• daniel thorkell says:

who cares what you think fruit-brain !!!

• JZ says:

I don’t see any offense in taking pictures of this place. Your taking this too serious and too far…

• George Johnson says:

Yes! We must hide the truth!! Must hide the shame so nobody else in the world sees what horrid people we were!!!

Until you confront the truth, you will always be condemned to repeat it.

This is government, totally out of control.

Given a few more years, odumbo the lawless would be doing this too. (obama for those not aware)

• Marcin says:

Dude, they’ve named it “Genocide Victims’ Museum”, it’s such a rare thing for Russians to call this what happened in Easter Europe during soviet occupation a “genocide”, I think we should appreciate it!
      What kind of offence is it, that a guy shows to the whole world “look what Russians have done to the people of Lithuania”? What kind of offence is showing the truth?
      I really don’t understand you, though I’m Polish, there were victims of soviet regime in my family too. If I only knew, where they were killed, I’d like the world to see this place.

4. DF says:

Such places still exist in various parts of China, DPRK, Europe and Cuba, which belong to the US

5. Keroro says:

I guess 99% of modern Russian prisons looks like this. Such a disgusting genocide of elite of Russian society =(

6. l.s.zlatopolsky says:

People need to see this, no matter the country…

7. SovMarxist1924 says:

Stalinism, not Communism.

• TheGenuineDon says:

NO. Communism: this torture center was open and functionning till 1991.
      + Pax et Bonum

• Archy Bunka says:

My, what a fine course we must tread in order to discover communism. Tell me: where do we find communism without totalitarianism? Somewhere, somehow, for about five minutes, someplace?

• Archy Bunka says:

A. Bunka here. The hunt for communism reminds me of the snipe hunts of my youth, that most elusive of creatures, the hunt for snipe takes a day, the hunt for “true” communism, a lifetime, with the same result: neither exists.

8. Musa says:

I bet spirits linger in there.

9. Zack says:

That style toilet – including the lack of privacy – is common through out Russia even now. Using them for an extended time is torture, too.

10. Nosecicles says:

Oh come on, Boris! You missed your golden opportunity to compare the KGB torture chamber to the current living conditions of the poor under the soul crushing capitalistic system.

You’re losing your touch, boy. Better run off to your rabbi and get your head sorted out.