62 Wolf Hunting In Chernobyl

Wolf Hunting In Chernobyl

Posted on February 17, 2011 by team

Despite the radiation, around the exclusion zone and inside it life is in full swing. The inhabitants abandoned the territory after the nuclear catastrophe in 1986, but it's still a good place for wolf, fox and racoon dog hunting, because in Byelorussia they are not protected by ecologists.

Hunter drags the dead body of a wolf, while his colleagues remove the warning flags. 18 miles from the exclusion zone around the Chernobyl nuclear power station.

Hunters and a killed wolf, not far from Chekha village.

62 Responses to “Wolf Hunting In Chernobyl”

1. Karl Cassle says:

The ecologists will say oh why would you kill such a beautiful creature. I would say in order that future generations of wolves will live……..
    Wildlife management helps with over population and diseases that run rampant when wolf populations skyrocket and competition for food is fierce. The thinning out of white tail deer in North America was proof that a healthy population of deer is the way for the deer to prosper.
    Tschuss!

• Really says:

The reason we have to thin the deer population in the first place is because we’ve displaced many of their predators. Contrary to popular belief, nature is perfectly adept at maintaining balance WITHOUT us.

2. JZ says:

Poor animals…

3. Brazilski says:

I wonder if they got a pseudodog tail of any of those wolves.

4. raichu says:

May your children die an agonizing death, you filthy scum!

5. MarkLenders says:

Ho aperto il link in attesa di vedere i lupi con tre occhi e bestie mostruose create da radiazioni.

E ho trovato queste foto, come da una rivista di caccia.
    FUUUUU

6. Explosive ejaculation says:

This is animal cruelty!

7. Chris says:

Why are they skinning it? Meat? Pelt?

ewwwwwwwwwwww!!!

8. Archy Bunka says:

A. Bunka here.

Has ER gone all liberal as well as commie? Killing animals is hardly a crime you pansies.

God save the Republican party.

9. Airborne says:

I recently read a good novel that takes place mostly in the Exclusion Zone around Chernobyl, or, as the Ukrainian militia captain says repeatedly, “In Ukrainian it’s Chornobyl.” The novel was written by Martin Cruz Smith and is called Wolves Eat Dogs. Smith is more famous for “Gork Park,” which introduced readers to Russian detective Arkady Smith. In Wolves Eat Dogs Renko is sent to the Exclusion Zone to investigate the murder of a prominent Russian businessman. It’s all tied to the Soviet reaction of the Chernobyl disaster. Smith writes a lot about life in the Excusion Zone, including the “black” villages, wildlife, etc. And, in relation to this post, the villagers mention several times that they don’t have dogs because “wolves eat dogs.” I enjoyed the novel and recommend it for anyone interested in one fictional portrayal of the social and political implications of Chernobyl.

10. Well our country of the United States of America is awesome! Well our country is not like Russia country and they protect awesome and dangerous creatures. I feel sorry of that innocent creature that well that’s that we can’t do nothing for that innocent creature. Everyone knows every country is different. Do you think I like when the innocent wolf died offcurse not.

• OldBikr says:

Yer a ignorant bonehead. There are times, places, and situations that will require the removal of problem animals, even in the “so called great nation USA”. (What’s so great about it anyway?)

Keep yer ugly nationalisms and yer fake ecology poses to yerself.

PS they are skinning the wolves to obtain their pelts so as to not waste the animals, and NO they don’t eat them.

• Thank you for saying that. Look you know I did not mensioned about they eating the innocent wolf’s. So the reason I said about Our country is better because at leat they care about wild animal’s and domestic animals. And you don’t even know our country. So our country is not fake. And if you called our country nationalism something is wrong with you. For me all countries are equal. I also did not mensioned our country is great. It is not fair you ofend our country I havent even ofend your country. If you don’t like our country I don’t have a probroblem with it.

• I am not ignorant. Yes your right some people do animal cruelty to innocent animals but at least we have police animal to rescue them and they care. But when they found out who did it they go to jail. And the reason I said we can’t do nothing for the innocent creature because we can’t tell that people what to do.Since they their country doesn’t have a law to protect wild animal’s they can’t get in trouble and they will keep doing it because pherhaps to sell it’s skin or I don’t know. Well When I said our country is awesome another word for saying amazing.Game over Sincerly, Cross

• OldBikr says:

You merely think you know OUR country sweetie. Try spending some time out on the reservations out west!

Try living in Queens, post Katrina Nawlins, or any part of Detroit. The US was great and it has lost the vision that made it great. We are outsourcing our jobs, screwing the middle class, pursuing foreign wars and being bled white by having to pay for f’in NATO. We are not taking care of our public while at the same time we spend Billions to follow out-dated conservation efforts.

So, tell me what is so great, if you can?

I’m a lot older than you seem to be, until you have actually gone around and tried to live, I would reserve judgment if I were you.

11. Boritz says:

This is sickening.

12. dude says:

Who knew Ukrainian wolves look just like dogs? I wonder if it was infact a dog or mixed offspring of dogs left behind.

I have no problem with people hunting for food but I do not see any amount of sport in such activities

13. Terry says:

This is just so wrong.
    Why on earth would someone do this to such a beautiful animal.
    Makes me sick just looking at it.

14. DenisfromTomsk says:

Question:
    What do administration of Reserve Park do when population of predators (wolves) grow faster than they expected?
    Answer:
    They start to give license for a hunt.

15. asteroid no. 444 says:

Pretty emotion around here. (the comments) ;-)

16. Gerry says:

Look at the smiley faces of hunters over the suffering wolf, human is the worst and most barbarian of animals as is the only one that kills for satisfaction, not for survival.

17. Mizz... (A) says:

Wonderful nature out there.
    beautiful pictures.

• Gerry says:

Yes, this nature is wonderful, when people like these don’t spoil it. But where do you see the beauty? In suffering, blood soaked animal?

18. This land is your land this land is my land from California to New York city from the red wood forest to the ocean stream water this land was made for you and me. This goes to OldBikr so I don’t poses to my self we share the land and all the citizen. I not sure what’s wrong with him or her. Game over

• Stan says:

The first motorized carriage was invented by Daimler (a German) but Henry Ford did introduce the assembly line to manufacturing which was revolutionary and built a significant amount of wealth for the industrialized world.

19. Forget about the stores Our country was the first to invent the first television he was an American. The inventor of the first car was an American also. The inventor of the first telephone he was not an American but he invented the first telephone in the U.S.A. What ever our country doesn’t have to be perfect. I’m sure your country is also good at something. The first person to invent the first trafficlight was an African American. I think all country are equal but differently. Game over

• DenisfromTomsk says:

Yes, russian engineer Vladimir Kozmich Zworykin moved to USA.
      The inventor of the first car was an American also.
      Nope, Karl Friedrich Benz was a German engine designer and car engineer, generally regarded as the inventor of the gasoline-powered cars.
      Anyway Why are you people so emotional about that hunting, they might do it to protect livestock or population of European bison(zubr) or it could be a population explosion of the wolves etc.
      People kill other people for petroleum and you just hug trees.

• OldBikr says:

You still sound ignorant. Learn about your country before you presume to any opinions. You CLEARLY do not know what you are trying to talk about.

Learn about Moton, Code Talkers, Geo.W.Carver, Red Cloud, and how many times our government has broken treaties because something of value was found on a reservation.
      Learn what significance of the Mataponi Reservoir project has for English-Us History.

In short: PUT YOUR BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE OPERATING YOUR MOUTH.

• Airborne says:

“You still sound ignorant. Learn about your country before you presume to any opinions.”

Why do you have to start the personal insults to a person who issues just what you call it – an opinion? And, if you will stop insulting people long enough to look up the definition of “opinion,” you will see that it a person really isn’t obligated to “learn” anything in order to have one. Opinion is not fact, it does not have to be based on science, research, or any other tangible measurement of knowledge. If you are really “old,” then please act it and show a little grace to what is most likely a much younger person.

• Greetting! Where you the one who said a person isn’t obligated to learn. I want to say thank you to you I appreciate when I read it. It make me have the courage to write back to the people. I’m thankful to you at least you were nice. Thank you Airborne. Have a great day!

• I had enough of you. You don’t know me well and I don’t care anymore what you say. Keep your evil and all poses all to your self. And your country all to your self. I quit writing to you. You don’t care about nothing neither do I. So you say you are older than me my plan is working.You will never make some friends where ever you go if you going to be mean instead you’ll make enemy. A’ll because I write something you got ofended I apologize to you. And you still ignorant you make me mad what ever.If you don’t like our country I don’t care. There are plenty of people who like our country.

• To OldBirk if you say you are older than me why can you correct you english writing. And the other writing I said I had enough of you. Also keep all your comments all to your self I am not interest because I quit writing to you my plan work. I don’t want to be evil but when someone make me mad I do get equal you called me bonehead pherhaps see first what you say you to have bonehead also not unless you came from outer space or you are a boneless creature. You are a ignorant people game over if you think next time I’ll see your comments your wrong.PS stop writing to me get a life.

• I don’t care learning about your country it is not that important. You are a sick old man. Stop writing in English if you can’t write. If you so don’t like United States write in your own language. Because our country speak in English. What is so great about your country? You are fake you keep saying Yer a ignorant how many times you have to repeat it? Your a parrot. If it has to a CD who keeps repeating again and again.You turn me mean and I’ll teach you a lesson well I already said it.

• To oldBikr I am no respecting you because you direspect me and you kept offending it’s to late evil Vs Evil. So you like playing games me too. Guys what does OldBikr stands for? He is old he is right he is old but he is an old bird. No need to worry leave him write all to himself while you write to someone else forget about OldBiikr we don’t need him OldBikr Bird and Beak. Stop playing games and go to church. By the way I forgive you.

• OldBirk I have learned about my country they protect wildlife when you still didn’t wrote to me. I said my country is awesome because they protect wild animal’s. I thought your country also protect wild animal’s then you camed up and offend me. And when I said our country is not like Russia because they don’t seem to protect wild animal’s that’s all. I also said amen brother for respect for the innocent wolf’s then you get angry for what? Then you said what is great about U.S.A anyway? Then I tried to explained. You know insecond thought the most important is our people than stuff’s without their help or any anscestor’s our world would not be a better place for us in the future. we should appreciate and not be evil.

• We don’t have to do what ever you say nobody cares leave the innocent people alone. By the way they are not operating their mouth they are writing. There is a difference like you said: There is a difference between operating their mouth and writing. They think before they write and say their opinion. You are making your self angry and your plan is not working. Why are you getting your self angry?

20. Stan says:

Wolf hide is good for what? Wolves were put there for a reason, it’s not like they’d skin a dog for boots. I don’t get why people kill wolves, they help balance the ecosystem.

Thought I accept that being at the top of the food chain, humans have the ability to eliminate any animal below us like the breeds of tigers that have been extincted. Hunters believed it was the right thing to do, I just don’t understand what makes it right other than we have the ability to do it.

• OldBikr says:

Are you and your pets part of the food chain the wolves are REGULATING?

• I am not respecting you because you are mean So you like playing games me too. Guy’s next time OldBikr offend you don’t waste your time writing to it is just wasting your time. It want’s some attention to you.Evil Vs Evil now were was, I now the secret answer is I know why it called itself OldBikr because first off all what does O and B stands for? Old Bird doesn’t want people to know that it is old Bird haven’t you realize only parrots repeat word after word like it keeps repeating ignorant well it goes bact to it. Tell OldBikr to go to the rain forest were it belongs and stop offending inocent people.

• OldBikr if you want some respect incase if you are a real people respect so people could respect you. If you don’t respect nobody,nobody will respect you. And quit playing to much games go to curch. I don’t want to disrespect you but you did to me. In the begening I have never ofend you until you did to me that’s why I direspect you only little children disrespect to much sometimes, I did not said all children some. I respect only people who respect me.

21. Really says:

…I need to pay more attention to post dates, lol.

22. Adrian says:

Why is everyone crying about this? Its just a wolf. A wolf dragged a child out of the play ground and to the woods, they found the child torn to pieces. Besides Wolves are useless.

23. screwtape says:

The inherent issue with the “poor dog” argument is that these highly overpopulated animals that become dangerous in proximity to people and happen to be thoroughly contaminated with radiation to boot……if they ever hope to repopulate these areas the removal of the overpopulation has to be done.not to mention these animals get aggressive when population stresses food sources and they but up against people.many of the areas where they are hunting these radiative animals aren’t in the abandoned parts of chernobyl but in the areas around it that are still populated.there have been multiple recent boar attacks and wolf attacks along the German border where these radiative animals causing damage to hunters livelihood and farmers live stock to the point government aid is handed because of the damages.

24. Markov says:

I hate these fucking ecologists.