26 Would You Change Florida To Kazakhstan?

Would You Change Florida To Kazakhstan?

Posted on February 8, 2011 by team

Volunteer 16

About a year ago Jonathan, an ordinary guy from Florida, was sent as a volunteer to a small remote village in Kazakhstan. He's 22 years old and teaches English to the kids coming from low-income groups.

The guy lives alone, his girlfriend, two brothers and parents were left in sunny Florida.

Volunteer 7Volunteer 8

A year was enough for Jonathan not only to learn the Kazakh language, but also to cope with difficulties of the poor village life.

26 Responses to “Would You Change Florida To Kazakhstan?”

1. testicules says:

He must have a kazak girlfriend to keep him warm. I live in Florida. The longer you stay in the tropics the more cold weather affects you.

2. Ok. I guess his welcome to be in our country I hope he enjoy’s to be in our country. I would never change florida into Kazakhstan but people are welcome to live in our country. I’m glad he has a family I wish I could help but I can’t because I don’t have a job and I’m a student who goes into school. When I grow up and have a job I will help the poor people. I was born in The United States of America so in the future I would be glad to help the poor people.

• Stanley says:

Florida is horrible in the summer, beautiful in the winter. Besides, it’s good to get away at some point in ones life, in his case he got very far away. But I’d rather see him improving the lives of the Kazah then making no difference in Africa or the Middle East.

3. Stanley says:

The only Central Asian country hat is livable, the only one where ethnic Russians still live.

4. George Johnson says:

In the mean time, girls in the Peace Corps are being sent to countries where they’re being violently raped, and the PC does NOTHING to help them. In fact, most of the time it blames the girls.

5. Traveler says:

THANK YOU for putting these pictures up! I’m in the process of applying to the Peace Corps and may go to Eastern Europe or Central Asia- one of the countries to which I may go is Kazakhstan.

6. Ivan says:

Well like in Russia the cities have developed a lot, but vilages stil stay in the middle of the last centure

7. perristalsis says:

This is one admirable dude, instead of chasing insurgents and trying to survive IED’s in the armed forces, he’s truly helping end human misery and deprivation through self- help, and I guarantee he’ll come home with a lot more wisdom than what he went over there with.

8. Musa says:

I still want to know what he’s going to do with the cat when he goes home, damn it? And I am not posting to quickly or whatever the Hell that message says.

• Borat says:

We will make a nice kitty kuirdak dish to celebrate American boy’s return to his home in sunshine state Florida, home of my true love Pamela Anderson, where he will give to her for me a steel statue of my testicles.

;)

9. Archy Bunka says:

A. Bunka here.

Peace Corps are another great creation of the American nation. It’s not good enough for us to secure the world against itself, we even bring safety and happiness to the world with our Peace Corps.

God bless the USA.

10. Aniket says:

HE IS THE REAL HERO

11. six-string samurai says:

Jonfen!

No, no, I’m Jonathan…

That’s what I said, Jonfen.

12. Jonky says:

Easy decision … the place with friendlier & slimmer people, lower crime rate, better food & beer and which doesn’t invade & bomb other countries

13. Il Fascissimo says:

Il Ragazzo e’ maestro nell Chazachstan?
    perché? Il sole e’ nella Florida, non?

14. Il Fascissimo says:

Il Russi arrivato nell Florida Sole tredieci anni fa, dove loro stati nella Miami.

15. Gerard says: