16 How Cars Are Restored In Russia

How Cars Are Restored In Russia

Posted on January 19, 2011 by team

If a car has been seriously crashed, it doesn’t mean the end. Here’s how Russians fix it.

16 Responses to “How Cars Are Restored In Russia”

1. DougW says:

Good work but I wouldn’t buy a car that’s been spliced. They don’t hold up well in accidents.

2. Zombie killer 1 says:

Hell insurance wouldn’t pay for that or insure it in the US.

• testicules says:

Don’t kid yourself. The highly trained insurance adjusters would never recognise a chop. I have some friend that do the exact same thing in Florida and get away with it. Of course they are russian.

• LT says:

A couple points, first this was not entirely done wrong at all. The repairs would be done much in the same way with new replacement collision panels, but with MORE welding piece-mail work. Sometimes a section replacement is better than all new. With a section replacement, many weld zones are kept original and done right, the seams are in the same place as the photos above show. These repairs are perfectly legal in the USA and are done (per insurance estimate) all the time. I am a licensed insurance appraiser and I deal with repairs day in, and day out… Trust me, if a car has so much as been painted somewhere, I will be able to find it. There are so many tells that can be used you would have to be blind not to see them.

3. ZeroDrop says:

Nice work, but I feel sorry for anyone who buys a car like that.
    Reason: I’ve bought a car fixed like this one before. What I did? Sold it! New owner didn’t noticed anything wrong yet.

4. whodareswins says:

Cut & shuts happen all around the world. Illegally

• Archy Bunka says:

A. Bunka here.

Cut and shuts (AKA Zipper cars) are not entirely illegal in all parts of the world. If they can pass stringent road-worthiness tests they are legal and safe. Although I believe this kind where the roof and roll over structure has been cut is never going to be legal anywhere.

I must add though that in the US they are always illegal, we don’t need to have damaged cars in our country.

• petsss says:

it’s not illegal in estonia and most of easter/northen europe, i think it’s legal in russia too

5. Anonymous says:

Why this post ? This is normal and not only in Russia.
    Everyone is obliged to have a car-insurance in my country.

6. Dixieland says:

This is a true craftsman.

7. Alex says:

This was a pretty cool article. You actually see the same process done over here in the US daily. Its funny how someone can take a vehicle that has been crashed, and fix it to where it looks brand new.

My father does this type of work, at a small place in the central part of the US. They do some crazy things with the trucks that they work on.

Check it out:

8. Kilroy Was Here says:

Nice job. Glad to see they took the initiative to make something out of nothing. Very ingenious.

9. CZenda says:

Swines. One would think it would be easier for them to steal another one in Europe.

10. Travis says:

I don’t get it. Why did they chop of the roof? As far as I see only the front of the car was damaged.

11. moo says:

If its wielded in right it will hold better then the original metals. Iv had the experience of seeing a car get into an accident only a month after getting repaired and the work that the shop did was top notch the welds held and the parts that were designed to compress compressed. However on the photos above it looks like they did straight cuts and then just welded from both sides which will not hold up in an accident.