13 Extreme Expedition To Yakutia

Extreme Expedition To Yakutia

Posted on January 16, 2011 by team

Yakutia is the land of untouched nature and wild animals some of which haven’t ever seen a man. No wonder it attracts courageous tourists and travellers so much.

Local truck drivers are always willing to give a lift to travellers in exchange for a good chat.

Drivers tell that the bears, everyone is so afraid of, often come close to people’s houses.

Inventive Yakut pole decorations.

13 Responses to “Extreme Expedition To Yakutia”

1. testicules says:

1st

2. Barrie says:

can we please have a google map link to the area.

3. Unknown says:

First.

4. Wishful thinker says:

Beautiful! I would love to go there and spend a summer roaming around. Maybe I would see Putin riding on horseback. :)

5. Musa says:

Interesting… especially the mentions of bears.

6. neblogenso says:

Superb place to visit. I’d love to give a try for first ascent over those clifs. Wonderful place indeen.

7. Chris says:

>Drivers tell that the bears, everyone is so afraid of,
    >often come close to peoples houses.

I live in Vancouver, BC and the bears walk on my suburban lawn. We keep the backyard gate closed so nothing comes in. Bears are OK, but now apparently WOLVES are coming to town, THAT I’m worried about. Families go out for walks knowing by the path are bears, but wolves…

• OldBikr says:

Here is something that will trip you out Chris.

Bears (Black Bears) are apparently coming into suburban areas near Williamsburg Va., well South of New York City much less anywhere near the area of Canada. Also the red wolves or making something of a come-back too.

The wild life, that was once so endangered, is making a real come-back in some very surprising ways donchaknow. Canadian Geese in city parks is another example and I heard that a large flock of wild turkeys is messing with folks on Staten Island N.Y. LOL.

• ykas says:

Interfax: About 400 wolves have gathered in huge pack in Yakutia and attack the houses of the locals.

8. petrohof says:

yes bears you have a chance of dealing with, not a pack of hungry wolves.