27 Back To The Kalashnikov Museum

Back To The Kalashnikov Museum

Posted on January 6, 2011 by team

Back To The Kalashnikov Museum 1

The Kalashnikov Museum was built in Izhevsk city in 2004. It contains not only Mikhail Kalashnikov’s “works” but also other arms that have been produced in this city for the last 200 years.

Back To The Kalashnikov Museum 2

At the entrance of the museum some samples of the main Russian arms are exhibited (beginning with a simple infantry gun and ending with a submachine gun called “Akaban”).

A pretty guide tells the visitors about the Kalashnikov’s life.

Back To The Kalashnikov Museum 3

Through the glass of the numerous windows you can see the arm samples of different times, German and other foreign arms.

27 Responses to “Back To The Kalashnikov Museum”

1. Archy Bunka says:

Cool Stuff

• SovMarxist1924 says:

Hey Arch, it’s me- your favorite(?) twisted Commie. I figured you to be a “guns and butter” man. I’m an “atoms for peace” man myself. Nuclear power could save the world with it’s energy but as usual man will screw up and somebody will detonate a nuclear device in a future conflict. I’m betting on it. I don’t own any guns so I’ll be on my best behavior in the Land of the 2nd Amendment. Guns in churches and restaurants?!

2. ZeroDrop says:

That’s what I call a museum worth visiting!

• OldBikr says:

Yep, if I ever win a lottery I need to go to that museum and about several hundred others in Russia to learn History From the Russian Perspective.

Thank you “EnglishRussia” for opening a window where others would or could not!

3. Musa says:

That’s a very nice museum. I would love to go and shoot those rifles and guns.

4. L.S.Zlatopolsky says:

I’d rather go to the vodka museum. ;-)

5. CZenda says:

Does somebody know the designation of the Gatling? It is not the one used in Hind, which has 4 barrels only.

6. Vlad says:

Kalashnikov rifle is a beauty. In real life he is better than any photo. People, I beg you, do not buy fake Kalashnikovs. These machines, without fraud and in compliance with all the plant technology, produced only in Russia (or the former Soviet Union).

7. Vlad says:

We strongly don’t recommend buying a Kalashnikov, made in California. They are worse than the Chinese.

8. Left SR says:

We strongly don’t recommend buying a Kalashnikov made in Congo…unless you want to “go out” in a blaze of glory…

9. CZenda says:

I strongly don’t recommend buying a Kalashnikov made in anywhere.
    I strongly recommend buying a tractor.

10. D. Bunker says:

Hey SovMarxist — you should stop by Kennesaw Mountain, Georgia (American Georgia, not Caucasian Georgia), sometime. The city *requires* you to own a gun. They stop you at the city limits and if you don’t have one they issue it to you (just kidding about the last part).

But seriously, folks. I have three AKs: one Russian, one Chinese, and one Romanian. The Russian is a Saiga made by Izsmash. Well made but not much on finish, altho I don’t doubt you could count on it in a pinch.

The Chinese arm was made by the State Arms Factory and is a semi-auto copy of the Chinese Type 56, which used to be their standard rifle, which is in turn a copy of the Russian AKM. High quality gun and better finished than the Izsmash. Underestimate the Chinese at your peril.

The Romanian AK is not so great — not nearly as well made as the Russian or Chinese version. But, it works, and probably would even if you buried in the mud for a week.

Surplus military ammo for these things is cheap, so what’s not to like?

11. The west says:

Nothing beats todays army issued M16!That is the most versatile and durable firearm ever made!!

12. The west says:

What state do you live in SovMarxist1924?

• SovMarxist1924 says:

Aw, c’mon, you know Marxists don’t believe in “states.” Let’s just say I live on a continental land mass. And scientifically, there is no direction like “west.”
      Okay, I’ll get specific. This place s*cks! And it was once a proud part of the C.S.A. Okay?

13. SovMarxist1924 says:

Oops, moderation kicked in… I’ll try again.
    Marxists don’t believe in “states.”
    And scientifically, there is no direction like “west.”
    And after the frequent, random acts of violence, I’m hunkering down inside my hovel (except to go to work).

• moo says:

Hmm west so that California… Hmm random acts of violence equals LA or Oakland… Hmm LA dont have hovels to hunker down in so Oakland!!!! What do I win?? :)

14. repeal-the-hughes-ammendment says:

I love my AK-74. Tried it out at the range yesterday!