15 The Backwoods Called Irbit

The Backwoods Called Irbit

Posted on November 26, 2010 by team

Sometimes it does good to look at small, poor, remote and dirty places in order to understand that your life is really not so bad! Here is one of these places - Irbit town...

In houses like this people can live...

...and like this one...

You can think that these are the houses of drunkards or infirm old men, but here ordinary people live... Maybe they don't want to stand out against the background of the surroundings?

15 Responses to “The Backwoods Called Irbit”

1. OLUT says:

Internet Klub!

2. radu says:

what brand of motorcycles are made in Irbit? that engine looks cool

3. Left SR says:

I’d enjoy working at a chem/pharm plant! (wink)

4. xoxo says:

every building is crooked…

5. Bogdanov says:

What’s wrong with this town? I’d like to live in such a quiet peaceful place. You capitalists need your WalMarts, fast food, and adult theaters, I guess.

• chromal says:

Capitalism is overrated, a strongly regulated free-market society is not. Anyway, I think those old buildings are beautiful. Even simple buildings were often built with more care and craftsmanship than often found today. For my money, I’d rather buy a beautiful old home and fix it up than a modest new home for the same price. I say “The longer something exists, the more of a soul it has.”

6. Brigitta says:

Heh, to quote Garrison Keillor:
    “The little town that time forgot, and the decades have not improved.”

• Left SR says:

Oh come on! Garrison Keillor? First time he’s made an appearance on ER. You are 100 per cent a Midwesterner. I agree with Comrade Bogdanov, myself.

7. Richard says:

To be honest, it doesn’t look much worse than some of the poor towns in the United States.

8. Daniel says:

I like this little town. I like the Ural and own a 2009 gearup. I thanks all of those people from Irbit who made it possible for me to own a Ural!

9. Peter says:

excellent report! Makes me feel better because my life is not as bad.

10. someone says:

as long as there is no drugs and crime, living in such a place is not bad at all.
    you have a community, ppl caring for each other, ppl actually get to know their neighbors.
    and being a kid in such as place is much better upbringing then the urban concrete jungle!

11. John says:

Love these charming old buildings. Would love to own one and live in it in a small Russian town. Olde-worldy. Peacefulness is obvious in the photos.