23 Service of the 20th Motorized Infantry Battalion

Service of the 20th Motorized Infantry Battalion

Posted on November 15, 2010 by team

>Stockroom.

"Major's" soap.

Tea room for soldiers.

Running.

The common view of sport area.

Exercises with parallel bars.

Swimming pool.

Library.

Sick quarters.

Laboratory.

The psychologist, who helps young soldiers to overcome stess and cope with personal probems.

Here soldiers can relax...

...light candles..

..or even lavender!

23 Responses to “Service of the 20th Motorized Infantry Battalion”

1. YJ says:

I’m pretty sure the soldiers love to eat snakes.

2. Otis R. Needleman says:

Not bad, by Russian standards. Nowhere even close to US standards.

• Chris says:

“Nowhere even close” to US standards?

Are you on crack?

• eger_666 says:

Sure he is on crack. Silly question.

• Otis R. Needleman says:

Retired officer, over 20 years’ service. Served both in the USA and overseas. Have seen plenty of bases, of all types. My guess is the unit in Volgograd is a showplace, and the average Russian Army base is much worse. No disrespect to the Russians – they do their best with what they have – but US bases and troop living conditions, at least outside the theaters of combat operations, are generally far superior.

3. snake says:

freedom for snakes!

4. Vlad says:

Make vodka, not war. ,\/..

5. ahm says:

page 7 is unviewable.

6. Rosief17 says:

excellent article. thanks for the close ups and inside shots of those thanks. was very interesting to see.

7. George Johnson says:

The bathrooms were disgusting. That would not be allowed on a military base, if it was, the people in charge would be demoted and somebody would be spending the next year on KP. They’re big on keeping stuff like that clean.

I grew up on military bases all over. I KNOW what I’m talking about. The living quarters are pretty close to the same though, small apartment like living areas. Only we didn’t sell snakes to eat when ever you wanted. Sounds like too much snake liquor from NK to me.

I’d like to see one of the military bases, but the officers quarters.

Oh, the chess playing was pretty nice. I’m hoping they were all taught to play chess, good for strategy. That’s something they don’t do in the US, but should be doing.

I think we play more “Call of Duty” for strategy, than playing chess.

8. maximka says:

I want buy some “snakes” :))))

9. partypooper says:

APS = Armored Personnel Carrier
    and not “Personal”

10. enternald says:

Well in Soviet times it looked a lot more worse. Now indeed nice place (if this is not show off place).

11. dos says:

Obviously is demonstration.
    The higher military country leaders managed to defend idea of preservation of mass mobilization army of the Soviet sample. This model basically excludes a little serious responsibility of commanders for life and health of subordinates, reduces the regular soldier to slave position.
    I can’t understand till now how Russian army exists despite all that there occurs.
    I have served 1year in Specnaz GRU Brigade located in samara. I don’t think than it was in vain. But it was rly loooooooooooooooooong.

12. OLUT says:

They should buy some toilet paper. Eating all those snakes, they’re going to need it!

13. Bigg Fredd says:

I’m surprised to see the CRT monitors. I figured everyone switched to LCDs for the energy savings. Maybe there’s some operational reason?

14. Bigg Fredd says:

That shrapnel mine on page 6 is diabolical. Pick up a plastic bottle of beach debris, tilt the mercury switch, and blooey!

15. My bigest fan soldiers. Go russia it’s your birthday I know you could do it! I know people would think something it’s wrong with me I just say it because I want to. I’m pretty sure those russian soldiers are smart soldiers. way to go! Thank you stranger for sharing the photograph for everyone I appreciate it. Our country is United States Of America. Even the american soldiers are my bigest fan.

16. I hope those Russian soldiers enjoy their lunch. I guess I forgot to write our country The United States of America. Anyway have fun everyone!

17. When someday I become a president I will not let no one to hit my soldiers because I will get angry. I will not send them to wars because I don’t want my soldiers to die or kill innocent person. I hate wars but I don’t hate my soldiers. I’ll make sure my soldiers eat healthy food do exercise plenty of sleep and helping people in hurricane. My soldiers will do safety trainings and learn safety skill. Hopefully we could help other countries who need help. My soldiers will be well trained. I also will not let other countries to attack our country. I do not want to be an evil president like Adolf Hitler. I care about my country people and I don’t want innocent people to get hurt.

18. say says:

rosja to bieda zal mi tych chlopakow ale tam ciagle uwazaja ze sa mocarstwem… hehehe