9 1969, Moscow… Feel The Atmosphere…

1969, Moscow… Feel The Atmosphere…

Posted on October 19, 2010 by team

Let’s pludge into the atmosphere of Moscow, 1969. It is real nostalgia for all Russian people over 40 and can be very interesting and funny for those who are under this age and, of course, for foreigners.

Queue for slot machine soda.

Once upon a time there was a showing room.

Crowds of people near GUM; such crowds could be seen only there that time.

9 Responses to “1969, Moscow… Feel The Atmosphere…”

1. Boritz says:

I especially like the airplane polisher!

2. L.S.Zlatopolsky says:

A “Worker’s State.”

3. eyefull says:

Everything looks so clean, so tidy,so happy. I wonder if these were posed photos? or taken at random of real life, un-orchestrated?
    Great stuff anyway.
    In the west we were told in those days that no one in the USSR had any choise of clothing, colours etc. This proves them to be liers, which I thought at the time – lots of 60’s style on these photos.

I think the big mystery machine was for wiping the arse of the Biggest chief comrade commissar, no one wanted to get too close to do the job, that is why the operator is in a little glas control cabin.!!

• Frank2k says:

I was thinking exactly the same. Living very close to the CCCP (or even USSR) back in the time, we were bombarded with anti-USSR facts (some more true than others) but never thought it looked so clean and tidy. Actually this was something that should have been brought with it to the 21st century… Now that said, there were many negative things to say about the old system but so is there regarding the current world we’re living in :(

4. mad1982 says:

amazing pix

5. Testicules says:

Show case locations here. They look great but they are not the everyday real life of the common man.

6. Adolfo Camara says:

This is the kind of posts I enjoy the most.

7. Muzzlehatch says:

I visited Moscow and Leningrad in July, 1969. Don’t remember the plane polisher!
    Surprised that they would cover the crack in the bell. The Liberty Bell in Philadelphia has a crack, too, and nobody is ashamed.