15 The 8th Mobile Phones Throwing Championship in Belarus

The 8th Mobile Phones Throwing Championship in Belarus

Posted on September 13, 2010 by team

This unusual championship takes place in Belarus for the 8th time! And it never looks boring! How far can you throw yours?

15 Responses to “The 8th Mobile Phones Throwing Championship in Belarus”

1. 0RKU5 says:

So, who won and what type of phone did he/she use?

2. Testicules says:

Wow! Things are really jumping in Belarus. What’s next? Maybe a contest for holding your breath or how many eggs you can eat.

3. Chilean Cossack says:

the guy in the pic number 10, was searching the girlfriend mobile phone?

4. AustriaNOTAustralia says:

I would love to join in becuz my cellphone is annoying me as hell. The one who takes the event to Vienna will be my hero <33

5. OLUT says:

They should combine this with the wife-carrying contest of Finland. First you throw the phone, then the wife nags you to go get it, causing you to run faster!

6. Orange_You_Tang says:

I always thought this was a Finnish event, they seem to have the monopoly on dumb-games-we-invent-because-we’re-useless-at-any-real-sports.

7. Tulppa says:

This noble sport indeed started in Finland in the 1990’s. It warms me to think others are picking it up as well. Perhaps one day the Belorussian competitors are good enough to partake in the real deal!

8. russia_bound says:

That looks really really fun. I have a bunch of old phones that I would be willing to throw. What did the winner get? Thanks for the uploads…

9. SSSR says:

Do any of those people have a brick,”the first cell phone”?

10. Bobble Hat says:

Nice event! I love this site. More people having fun.

You couldn’t do that in the UK due to ‘Health and Safety’ regs – spectators would have to be at least 200m away behind bulletproof glass; fire truck, ambulance, police, coastguard, recycling inspector etc in attendance, etc, etc…

11. Eric says:

This is one weird competition. It looks so much fun though. I wish I can participate.

12. Eric says:

Throws a Nokia, the impact creates a sink hole…