22 Ekranoplan – The Inside View

Ekranoplan – The Inside View

Posted on September 5, 2010 by team

Ekranoplan - The Inside View 1

We have already seen the exterior of ekranoplans and today we are going to see the stuff never published before - the inside view of ekranoplans.

The entry

Ekranoplan - The Inside View 2

A huge knight for various floatation devices

Ekranoplan - The Inside View 3

Fire-extinguishing means

22 Responses to “Ekranoplan – The Inside View”

1. Byron76 says:

Strange machine the ekranoplane… but each time that you show a little more about it, i like it each time more…
    Greetings from Argentina!!!
    BTW, first!!!! (I hate those claims)

• Saniok says:

Ademas esta bastante bien conservado, se ve que lo estan cuidando… sino ya estaria saqueado como es costumbre.
      Vnutri kak novyj i jeto zdorovo!

2. Yubin Yankinov says:

I love the ekranoplan concept. But as with most of your technology picture tours, I wish you’d translate some of the control panel labels.

• Moscowguy24 says:

Seriously, Print out the russian alphabet and do it by yourself, a lot of words a similar to german or english or frech. My friend tought himself the russian alphabet within 2 hours. i also learnd it like that)) And its great because you will be able to read Ukranian, Belarussian, serbian, etc… too! And Russian is a great language to learn)) Good luck!

3. Jim Bob says:

More Ekronoplan please! These machines are awesome! This one looks like it is pretty well preserved, I wonder if it could ever fly again?

4. wtf says:

now that we have seen the outside and the inside, let’s expect it to have a small flight , no?

5. Chris says:

Wawawoowa, is very nice.

I take it back, Russians are capable of something.

Why is it in such good condition, is an oligarch making it flight worthy???

6. Testiculese says:

This would be a great device to travel in. I wonder how hard it would be to manufacture a consumer verions.

7. cockatrice says:

Love those rudimentary horizon gyros. Huge with very basic display. Given that you’re not getting a lot of altitude, it shows only 0-15 degrees bank, no 30 and 45 degree markers.

8. Bartek says:

Great photos !

9. The west says:

-http://www.nyc-architecture.com/SCC/SCC030a.htm

10. bebop says:

I love this site, greetings from Houston,Texas,U.S.A.

11. geoper2 says:

Wow !! great pictures , its just amazing what they could build with the available technology of that time

12. Dave says:

One thing leaves me puzzled. I notice that much of the inside of the ekranoplan is padded. Is there a reason for this? All I can think of is that flying in one of them must have been a bumpy ride and that it’s there for the protection of the flight crew- either that or insulation.

• Tomsk says:

Very simple reason. Pilot and technical aircrew are important people, not easily replaceable if sick or injured.
      Very easy for comrade banging of head on roof so roof padded. But yes, very bumpy ride in transition to and from W.I.G.E. flight. Notice padded sacks below recording instruments in some photographs, also very simple, very effective.

13. Andrasone-HUN says:

These machines are awesome and wonderful! Belong to this: http://englishrussia.com/index.php/2010/03/12/ekranoplan/

14. mizz... (A) says:

Sorry my English..

Both i guess, but my guess is that also is for reducing noise/vibration insulation.

15. mizz... (A) says:

No kidding, if i´ve gor heck a LOT of money i will build further on this concept but constructing a huge space vehicle to travel further into the space, guess i´m not alone thinking of that while wotching tohse wonderful pictures.

Well Well It´s a real geeks rigt to hawe dreams i hope… :D

__

16. Gerhard says:

sou uma profundo adimirador dos ecranoplanos e vinha buscando essas imagens de dentro a bastante tempo, gostaria de lhe agradecer muito por que sou apaixonado por essas maquinas incriveis, você fez um grande e exelente trabalho pena que o ecranoplano k m afundou seria muito bom ver imagens internas de também.valeu mesmo.

17. petrohof says:

not stolen or looted yet? lets hope there is some money to put it in museum.

18. E. W. says:

Still think those macines had worked well for spacecraft purposes if re-designed a bit…
    Just the problem move such weight out of the Earths atmosphere. I will deffinitly had going to Mars or further in such macine! How cool hadn´t that been!!!!!! I wish i hagd that money… I realy do!