26 Soviet Photo Art of the 60s & 70s

Soviet Photo Art of the 60s & 70s

Posted on July 31, 2010 by team

Soviet Photo Art 2

A stunning vintage collection of photo art from the Soviet 60s and 70s.

Soviet Photo Art 3Soviet Photo Art 4

26 Responses to “Soviet Photo Art of the 60s & 70s”

1. Spongebobtotherescue says:

neat!

2. cheburashka says:

Nice :D

3. Rainer says:

wow, stunning!

4. justwalkedby says:

Hope. In every shot, in all those eyes. People were more alive back then, imo.

5. Ivana Benderova says:

I likey b&w pics. Eliminates all the red… LOL!

6. jaca_gdynia says:

Just great, thanks.

7. Byron76 says:

There’s a deep respect for the others on each pic…
    @Ivana Benderova: if you don’t like so much red… i don’t know what you want to see on old russian pictures…
    Really, sometimes the anger (quite ever without any sense) against the old URSS… makes me sick… come on, we’re on 2010, supossely we’re more civilizated!!!
    Big hug from Argentina (by the way a country without any comunist culture or past).
    Keep on your pleasuring job!!!

• Gabby says:

although ivanna might be just a kid as her LOL suggests, she might be civilized enough to imply that she knows that, under certain circumstances, your eyes appear red on photos, yes, it might be the case

• Kathleen says:

I really don’t understand your sentiments toward what you call “the Red”.
      I live in a socialistic country, and for me it is daily humiliation.
      Anyway, these pictures are great. I have a lot of the kind in “the Soviet Photo” magazines. Modern photographers really sold their souls to the digital devil…

• Boritz says:

Oh come on, give Ivana a break. Ivana’s tongue must have surely been in cheek as humourously intended remark was made! Even I considered it clever.

8. Carlo says:

Amazing photos ! Especially the first one where the chick reads two punch cards and one card is upside down ! Obviously the shot is staged, but they still should use a blonde !

9. leal olivas says:

Just Amazing, Thank you so much for this contribution. Quickly I save to my computer.

10. Boritz says:

I shudder when I see computer punch cards. This was how computers were operated into the 1980’s. Relatively simple programs required hundreds to many thousands of cards. When operating card punching typewriter, one bad keystroke would cause whole of program to fail, and finding culprit card was like needle in haystack hunt! And ultimate horror was to drop the cards causing disorder. Ugh!

11. SovMarxist1924 says:

The USSR (CCCP) for all it’s faults was the most progressive, egalitarian society (minus the Stalin era) of the 20th century.

12. pronostic says:

Salut, un grand bravo pour votre publication. je vous souhaite bonne continuation. Sportivement !

13. Sandy Marky says:

DMAA, also called geranamine, has become a restricted substance in New Zealand, but it’s still legal in the US.

14. Ugly American says:

While most people in the 1960s US would never want to trade places with somebody from the 1960s USSR, there’s allot of working class people in the 2010s US that would gladly trade their 3rd world gang infested slum for a role in the 1960s USSR.

15. awesome post! You have a good post, absolutely the ideal Ive read so far. I will be looking forward to your next article. Thanks again.

16. sdfadfasd says:

it`s nice picture!

17. sdfadfasd says:

18. sdfadfasd says:

While most people in the 1960s US would never want to trade places with somebody from the 1960s USSR, theres allot of working class people in the 2010s US that would gladly trade their 3rd world gang infested slum for a role in the 1960s USSR.

19. martcol says:

I’d like to use a few of these images on a blog. How do I attribute them? They are very good.

20. martcol says:

in image #7 the man with a card in his mouth, can someone translate that?

Thanks