This test station for naval armament was commissioned in 1939, and is located 2.7 km away from the shore. It has been abandoned for a long time. Its building has been heavily damaged by waves of the nasty Caspian Sea. The watch tower of the station stands 42 m above sea level and, in stormy weather, foamy waves can easily reach its top.
The entire underwater part of the gigantic construction, called "Massive", was built on the shore in the foundation pit with a capacity of 530,000 cubic meters. Sometimes they even dug by hand, but more often dredgers were used.
On the bottom of the foundation pit a huge ferroconcrete "box" was built, measuring 14 meters high. Next, the plate separating the pit from the sea was destroyed and the surfaced "box" was dragged to the building site of the station. There, in 1935, the "box" was filled with water and placed on the specially site, which was made of quarry stone. Thereafter construction of the station was done in a usual way, with people and materials being delivered by ships.