26 Modest Sculptor of a Small Village

Modest Sculptor of a Small Village

Posted on July 21, 2010 by team

130

Andrey Oskin is a sculptor from a very small village Mundyr. Living here people want to do something unusual, breaking the monotony of the local life.

Mundyr is the oldest village in the neighbourhood. People used to live here well, they had vast yards, barns, but the village sank under the war, many men didn't return home.

Lots of houses here are abandoned and one of them became Andrey's sculpture studio. There he has an easel, floodlight, clay.

In Mundyr there is a farm, the only remains of the former luxury. Andrey's family has two cows and two calves - reliable household. Andrey is one of three children of his parents, an elder one - aged 28.

Few people understand this hobby of Andrey, but he calls himself a sculptor. Thus, he believes, he can show his soul. He used to paint, but it wasn't enough for him, he wanted to "feel shape". Mainly he sculpts his fellow villagers. Together they plan to farm and develop agriculture in the village.

220315

26 Responses to “Modest Sculptor of a Small Village”

1. mt says:

1st !!!!!!! bladts!!

2. muzzer says:

interesting photo`s – does noone smile at this village? and why is that girl running?

• ghjgj says:

because the sculptures came to life

• eger_666 says:

russians, does not matter are they happy or not, smile only when there is a real reason. Europeans always get surprised.
      “Russians are cold people, blah blah blah” xD

• Kirov says:

We Russians do not have many reasons to smile.
        We are poor, and we have very limited pros.pects.

Our educa.tional system is de.clining very fast [especc. in rural areas: within one generation children will grow up and can hardly read and write - govern.ment is not financing smaller schools anymore], also, soon no more medi.cal care worth mentioning [same reason as above].

We rank 77 on list of the 100 most happy people in world ranking. I am ashamed.

• Kirov says:

We Russians do not have many reasons to smile.
        We are poor, and we have very limited pros.pects. Bad education, bad health care, etc

We rank 77 on list of the 100 most happy people in world ranking. I am ashamed.

• Kirov says:

We Russians do not have many reasons to smile.

We rank 77 on list of the 100 most happy people in world ranking. I am a.shamed.

• Trackball says:

A smile is a piece of my soul. I want to give it only to people that I like. Do not devalue the smile.

• CZenda says:

Smiling in Russia is conspicuous. You are not supposed to be happy in Russia – you are supposed to bear the burden or simply suffer.
      It is high time for the “modest sculptor” to leave the village. There is the estranged look in his eyes speaking of future development (“Vodka, vodka, more vodka until I die!”).

3. Half-Breed says:

I would very much like to buy this girl, how much?

4. Testicules says:

Two for one special

5. B-line Snowboard says:

Pic number 6: Man, I guess there are some big spiders in Mundyr. Don’t look now Sergei, but there is a spider on the wall as big as your head……

I kid…I kid….

6. OLUT says:

Other than OMG GIANT SPIDER!!!, I could have done with about 10 000 more pictures of this guy and this village. Very interesting post!

7. silvertwinz says:

you have to admit, he does have amazing talent. some people work better “feeling” stuff when they create. one of my teachers in school was a sculptor and he could make clay obey his every whim, but painting was harder for him.

the cat sculptures are very neat. i’d love one of those. he’s just a regular guy with incredible skill.

8. James says:

It looks like he has an interesting life and fortunate not to be in the rat race.

9. ZeroDrop says:

Damn, this guy is a very good sculptor! Have talent!
    It’s a pity he seems to not have a chance to grow with his art outside this village.
    But I don’t know what are her toughts, if he wants to get out of this village or if prefers to stay there.
    Anyway, best luck for him.

10. Andrasone-HUN says: