29 Weird Russian Cars of ex-USSR

Weird Russian Cars of ex-USSR

Posted on July 15, 2010 by team

Weird Russian Cars 1

Two more examples of weird cars can be met on streets of ex-USSR. One is a pure gold coated R8 that's being on sale now for $210K, and another is a budget small car for pick up garbage cruising thru the streets of Odessa.

Weird Russian Cars 2Weird Russian Cars 3

29 Responses to “Weird Russian Cars of ex-USSR”

1. kater says:

I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that the R8 was earned with stolen money. Or simply mugged. Or obtained via illegal channels. Just like many other expensive cars in Russia. It’s a fact that Russia is home to many exceedingly rich ppl, and it’s a fact that these said ppl got rich thru illegal scams, shady business, stealing and simply making all others miserable. What a sad country… And please don’t tell me that this happens everywhere. The scale of such dealings in Russia and former exUSSR states is simply appalling.

2. Unknown says:

What is so weird about them?

3. DougW says:

5nd
    Not much for gold car, but I wouldn’t turn it down if someone gave it to me.

• Valery says:

>Not much for gold car
      No one says it’s gold… just gold-plated. And no one says it is driveable after all. Just a cardboard mock-up.

4. Waffen says:

Maybe I should just post: “Your comment is awaiting moderation” this way an intelligent reader will understand that the topic is uncomfortable for the PutinJugend and their followers.

5. m0 says:

the owner of that car has his penior buried in a jar of peanut butter

6. George Johnson says:

I think gold on a car is tacky. Even the emblems gold plated looks bad if you ask me.

7. Hello! Great blog. I always suggest http://greenlaserdepot.com to buy a green laser pen. I just bought a 150mw green laser for my brother. It is really awesome to play with! Have a great day keep up the good work!

8. YJ says:

Most young African Americans would kill for that gold car.

9. gaby says:

let’s see…will i also get moderation, or shall i post a moderate comment? maybe if i’m moderate they won’t moderate me, so let me be moderate while they moderate me, maybe a moderate comment won’t be moderated, who knows

10. gaby says:

not even that. my comment didn’t appear at all

11. Wraith says:

Proof that money does not buy class.

Obviously belongs to a mafiosi, or at least someone with more money than sense.

It screams STEAL ME! ROB ME! KIDNAP ME!

12. Sergey says:

Yesterday I saw this car in Moscow (Russia)
    reallyrussia.blogspot.com/2010/07/moscow_16.html

13. TimO says:

Yeah, dated a chick from Odessa back in high school, do I still love her? You bet I do! Always will!!!

14. Mary Ann says:

Amazing audi, who don`t have it its their problem! love this site

15. What a contrast!
    LOL

Soendoro Soetanto

16. j s says:

The V10 is reason enough to get an R8…but this is ridiculous!

17. Jim - USA says:

The gold-plated R8 is another example of Jew-Russian Mafia economic extortion. The very same privatized tyranny is at work in the U.S.! If Putin wants to be Super Brezhnev, then I’m all for it!

I want to see Russia inflict terrifying retribution upon the Robber Baron class and succeed in establishing justice, securing domestic tranquility, providing for the common defense (not the defense of private corporate colonies overseas), promoting the general welfare and securing the blessings of liberty (from the bankers) to themselves and their posterity (not the flood of human waste from 3rd world countries).

Gee, the U.S. used to have a document that said something like that. It must have been thrown away decades ago! Maybe Russia and Putin can dig it up and put it to good use! This time, Putin will have the centuries of experience to study and realize that it is perfectly acceptable to rein in the rich to secure true liberty. The Reagan and Yeltsin administrations set the precedence in their respective countries to give the rich free rein to steal, kill, and destroy on the condition that they “Trickle Down” the ill-gotten wealth. They have refused to share the plunder. They instead have squandered it on themselves.

It’s time for Putin to wage war on the plutocracy and wipe them out. Maybe he can show the American Slaves how they can do the same thing to be free of bankster tyranny. Such cars like this gold-plated R8 is not an object to be admired but a vicious slap in the face because it was paid for with fraud and malfeasance.

18. yoda says:

I’d never seen a back view of the Izh van before, it’s interesting how they just used the Moskvitch 412 sedan taillights, complete with those extension pods to hold the separate turn signals at their original angles! I’d have turned them 90 degrees to form an arrow, though. (Or just used the Moskvitch 2140 tailights).