14 River Excursion in St. Petersburg

River Excursion in St. Petersburg

Posted on June 29, 2010 by team

Recently we've observed the Northern capital of Russia from bird's eye view. Today enjoy the beautiful photographs taken during a river excursion in St. Petersburg.

14 Responses to “River Excursion in St. Petersburg”

1. OLUT says:

Awesome! I wanna go on this boat ride!

2. too much vodka says:

I’m the first to say first! And that boat trip: been there done that.

3. Archy Bunka says:

See what capitalism can do, Imperial Russia built this magnificent city.

4. Testicules says:

You’re so right Archy. Capitalism is Russia’s only hope.

5. Grinya says:

Just learn history. It’s wasn’t capitalism era when this city was built. Only feudalism and again thousands deaths under it. St Petersburg was built on bones. Everyone in Russia knows it.

6. RickRoll says:

Wow, I’m surprised how clean it is. No graffiti.

• Bob says:

The facades are beautiful but if you go inside the buildings you will notice what state of disarray the building really is. How do I know? I lived in one such building facing the Neva. The facade was repainted by the city so it looks sparkling yellow. But as soon as you go inside, something foreigners never do, you’ll see that the stairs is broken, the floors are dirty and the ceiling is peeling.

Now before the nationalists start tearing their hair out I have to say there is improvement (although slow) in many places. Basically I noticed if someone from the government, business or the police lives in the building those tend to be repaired quickly.

7. Erik says:

Can we dispatch somebody to do a photo tour of those ships?

8. mike says:

What is the name of the sailing battleship? I didn’t know Petersburg had such a vessel. Looks like the flagship of a brown water navy.

9. Dmitry says:

It`s cruiser Aurora

10. Repnin says:

Sailing battleship on the Petrovskaya embankment – frigate “Blagodat” (in English “Grace”)

11. VITTUIX-MAN says:

Yay, the first image.
    Brings back memories of all the adults telling me not jump off the bridges or piers as there might be pilings from the previous bridges or piers hidden underwater.
    There is something in the water that keeps them good for decades; only the supermerged* parts rot away.

*) antonym of submerged