23 Top Bears of Kamchatka Region

Top Bears of Kamchatka Region

Posted on June 28, 2010 by team

0007ty0a

We have already had a few posts about Kamchatka region, as far as you remember. But those were about handsomeness of nature as Kamchatka peninsula has lots of national monuments; but each can say without a tint of controversy that the beautifulness of nature is incomplete without its dwellers, different kinds of beasts residing at it.

So, one photographer that lived in Kamchatka region for years decided to settle a list of bears that he has seen through the time he was there. Let’s have a look at them regulars.

First one (you can see him on the header picture) named Drunkard. He is a kind fellow that likes to sprawl himself lazily at the beach and be lost in reverie. He’s got such a bad name when in 2008 he robbed an Austrian tourist for a flask of schnapps and sucked it dry.

0007wzce

A legendary she-bear from the Valley of Geysers named Darkpaw.

000876fb

Kukhtyl is a young bear that fancies looking through anybody’s windows. People say that during the last winter he grew much more mature and became much cautious.

23 Responses to “Top Bears of Kamchatka Region”

1. Archy Bunka says:

1st, get me my dinner.

2. Rangoon says:

Apparently I’m first.

3. Archy Bunka says:

When you see a bear close up and in the wild it will humble you.

4. Muzzer says:

when you see a bear close up in the wild it will eat you!

• Archy Bunka says:

Ha, 1st it humbles you, then it eats you!

• Muzzer says:

ha ha

• DouglasUrantia says:

Yep, bears are not cuddly. They can maul and kill a human in less than a minute. Here in US we had some bear lovers living in a tent near wild bears for a few weeks. They said they were ‘researchers’. Eventually these bears killed the man and his girlfriend.

• perristalsis says:

Timothy Treadwell spent 13 summers in Katmai National Park and Preserve, Alaska. Over time, he believed he was trusted by the bears, who would allow him to approach them, and sometimes even touch them. Treadwell was repeatedly warned by park officials that his interaction with the bears was unsafe to both him and to the bears. In 2003, at the end of his 13th visit, he and his girlfriend Amie Huguenard were attacked, killed, and partially eaten by a bear.

Speculation was that the bears who knew him had moved on, not knowing this he thought he was among friendly types.

5. Ivo says:

nice bear

6. kheli says:

These are great photos of magnificent creatures. Thanks for sharing them!

7. Stéphane says:

Who are the guys who say every time : ” First ! Second ! ”
    Are they some childs ???

Anyway, nice bears, specially on last picture ! ;)
    S.

8. “Keshka is a young brawler beer”

beer? mmmmm I likes my beer young and brawling

9. sieberi says:

The Kamchatka region wildlife needs protection and preservation for the next generation to see. I am surprised that no area on the peninsula is designated as a national park. This is the Yellowstone of Russia.

10. mukmika says:

Great photography. Although I have seen bears in the wild here, in Canada, I don’t like being too close to them. You can be dinner for them in short order.

11. sieberi says:

You can actually approach these bears because they have no fear of humans just like the McNeil River bears in Alaska. As long as the rivers are abundant in salmon, these bears pose no problem or risk.

12. shimanoreels says:

“Hi,
    Awesome photography.I love bears so much because they are so cute.The pictures are really very cute. Thanks for sharing your amazing captures with us.”

13. George Semel says:

The first photo says it all ” I am just tolerating you and your camera for just a little while” of course it would have to be in Russian since its a Russian Bear. Kamchatka looks like my kind of place. I spend a lot of time in Alaska so I would be right at home.

14. Edmond says:

I learn a good deal of blogs lately and yours is a single from the best. I enjoy studying your posts – clear and effectively written. Your page goes straight to my bookmarks. I acquired some good inspirational thoughts after reading it.

15. Sawek says: