21 Thermal Power Plant Construction

Thermal Power Plant Construction

Posted on June 5, 2010 by team

Thermal Power Plant Construction 2

Thermal station (TPP) is a thermal power plant producing energy and being a heat source of energy in district heating supply system of the city (central heating, hot water).

We offer to see the pictures of TPP construction, paying attention at its scope. The main building of the thermal power plant is a real huge city located on several tiers in a large iron box.

Thermal Power Plant Construction 3Thermal Power Plant Construction 4

21 Responses to “Thermal Power Plant Construction”

1. pjotr says:

wow, it’s huge..

2. lithuanian says:

very boring… but thanks anyway, i guess

3. alexndr says:

Would be a nice set for a new terminator movie

4. DouglasUrantia says:

Hope it works. But now all I see is tons of money being spent on this construction.

5. RB says:

to each his own, I think its a fascinating example of engineering craftsmanship tool and die machining,not to mention welding, pipe bending etc. If there is a welder here,can you tell me what the random welds are for that are all over the manifold?
    RB
    (picture # 6 reminds me of the pipes screen saver in windows)

• DouglasUrantia says:

@RB…those patterns of straps may be sensors in case it expands or gets too hot. You cab see the little sensors and inter-connecting wires. They’re a good safety feature to have considering the high temps and pressure involved here.

• DouglasUrantia says:

meant to say “You can see….”

• RB says:

I don’t understand why we don’t have the same thing here in Canada. I am sure there might be one or two but It makes so much sense to make use of a free source of heat.
        RB

• Boritz says:

RB, what you see is not a “thermal power plant” as you envision it. Its source of energy is most likely natural gas (not geothermal as you infer). It would be better described as “co-generation” plant, where electricty is produced, as well as steam (or hot water) for heating of buildings.
          Such plants are common in North America, especially in older/smaller plants situated in cities.

• Zack says:

Pictures 7 and 17 look like heat recovery steam generators (HRSGs) from gas turbines and I think that I can see an inlet for air in 17 but it’s difficult to see if there are gas turbines on the other side. But, if there are gas turbines and if the pictures are in Russia, then they’re probably 9Fs which are 400 MW or more (I think) and the HRSGs will produces more steam than the single (or only one is shown) steam turbine (which is probably only 200 MW) can use. Factories and refineries use this configuration and produce steam for their processes. So, the rest is probably piped through out the city where it’s located. Only 20% of the heat from the thermal plant where I lived reached residences. And they shut down for maintenance during the summer which means no hot water for one or two months. Individual water heaters are really the way to go there.

• Boritz says:

I believe what you see is a basis for attaching thermal insulation to the manifold. (I am not welder, but engineer)

6. Asker says:

Where is this plant being built ?

7. Asker says:

They are building heating plants in numerous cities around russia ?

• DenisfromTomsk says:

They install some modern equipment or change some outdated equipment. Every city already have one or several TPP`s.

8. are you kidding says:

Those plants look outdated and are being refitted with some modernity.

9. RB says:

I would like to know how many Russian people have access to the internet? I have spent fifteen years at home in my spare time surfing the internet. All that time I was curious about Russian people in general. It wasn’t until I somehow ran across (ER) that I finally found a very large and fascinating window into the real Russian culture. If I may offer my very humble opinion,I know now that Russians are quite remarkable. I can only hope that they themselves realize how much they stand out as highly intelligent,and extremely imaginative. Not to mention how very hard and I do stress (hard) working they are. One could go on and on about things like how resourceful they are. A quality that stands out above other countries is they really know how to have fun and get the most out of life. I live in Ontario Canada and although I love my Country and my freedom completely,life here lacks excitement and interest. We have it way too easy and are swiftly becoming a nation of couch potatoes. All countries have there problems of course but to finish I will say it has been a lot of fun to be able to have had a glimpse of the Russian people. RB

10. punit says:

jst lok at them!

11. Pavel says:

Hello!
    It`s funny) I`m Russian. I have searched the information about utility plants and thermal power stations and the first link from google was on this site. RB thanks for pleasant words. Of course Russians are remarkable!))The most of Russian have access to internet and the internet very cheap in compare with Europe countries (for example speed 10 Mbit near 10$ with limitless traffic sure per mounth)