33 Abandoned Locomotives

Abandoned Locomotives

Posted on May 13, 2010 by team

Abandoned Locomotives 1

Abandoned locomotives in Zlatoust city (the Chelyabinsk Region of Russia).

Abandoned Locomotives 2Abandoned Locomotives 3

33 Responses to “Abandoned Locomotives”

1. byron says:

last…

2. ivo says:

Not the least. 2º

3. random_poster says:

I would have liked to have seen wider photos of the equipment, and not so much the “artsy” type photos, but nice anyway.

4. MarkLenders says:

That’s not more old than the actual Russian’s Locomotives

5. MarkLenders says:

o_O

Ehy Vladimir Putin, it was just a reply for the lulz.

If i laugh about russian’s train, it doesn’t mean that i don’t respect Russian culture.

If you didn’t notice that, we’re just talking about trains. No need flame mate. (Except if you are a train’s driver) Lol

• Komrade, don’t knock the Long Island Railroad, you are upsetting me. However, I do not consider it a cultural insult, so you are safe. If you want a cultural insult just look and see what word “Putin” means in the french language, no, you won’t find it in Rosetta Stone, lol.

6. volodia says:

I really like those abandoned equipment and buildings photosets.

7. mukmika says:

I hope some people can get together and preserve those great locomotives, at least some of them. Future generations might like to see what great pieces of steam-driven machinery were produced before diesel came along.

8. Otis R. Needleman says:

Russia certainly seems to have quite a lot of abandoned buildings, bases, equipment, etc.

• Friend, the whole country is full of abandoned equipment, just like in the military. When orders came to leave, everything was just left to rot or rust. Soviet people were lead around by the nose for years by a BS form of totalitarian government invented by Prof. Marx. When the old men were finally all dead, the next generation found itself unable (either morally or economically or both) to continue this charade. Now. you have returned to the incredible greed of pre-soviet days, a few rich, many poor.

9. Berend says:

Excellent pictures!!

10. Grinya says:

Whole Russia is mostly abandoned now.

• Stas says:

Stéphane says:
      May 14, 2010 at 10:04 am

Personally, i restore old italian scooters Vespa …
      But i cannot imagine restore this kind of train ! :)
      Can you imagine the work ? :)))

Can be done. No problem. Just some people and some money.

11. Stéphane says:

Personally, i restore old italian scooters Vespa …
    But i cannot imagine restore this kind of train ! :)
    Can you imagine the work ? :)))
    S.

12. Mark Shelley says:

Russia had some of the most impressive and beautiful steam locomotives ever built. I would love to see these magnificent machines restored to their former glory

13. SSSR says:

Those engines should be in a park so children could climb all over them.

14. SSSR says:

Unrelated with Russia,some of the things I find on the net-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh3pU9JL9ag

• Ivana Benderova says:

Lemmie guess SSSR, it is a video with Michael Jackson, a boy, and a train, yes? LOL! LMAO!

• SSSR says:

Have you seen it yet?The rest of the world has.Maybe you can find Michael Jackson, a boy, and a train somewhere on youtube LOL.

15. Ivana Benderova says:

PLZ… “buffy…” STFU. Tnx.

16. Musa says:

This is sad, really. I hope this is not last of it’s kind. Thanks for post.

17. SSSR says:

When I was a little kid there was a park with 2 steam engines at its entrance.I climbed all over them.Now the park is a Ford dealership.Those engines look too beat up to be in a park.

18. Hey there, I searched for this blog on Google and just wanted to say thanks for the excellent read. I would have to agree with it, thank you again!

19. ivo says:

How I would love to visit russia

20. Tim Littler says:

As a matter of interest my company bought a P36 steam locomotive which was in silmilar condition to 0058 in the above photographs. It was restored in St Petersburg in 2001 and has hauled a number of our trains since then, covering about 25,000 miles. See
    http://www.gwtravel.co.uk/special_features.php?id=37 and
    http://w.parovoz.com/newgallery/pg_view.php?ID=75276&LNG=EN#picture for photo.

21. karabau says:

I would like to start a railway steel business if i live at Russia…..so much waste

22. Keith says:

When and where were the photos taken?

23. filjoy says:

i have 2 signs which I believe are from Russian Engines. If I posted them would any one help me identify them please

24. I’d need to verify with you here. Which is not one thing I normally do! I get pleasure from reading a submit that can make folks think. Also, thanks for permitting me to remark!