15 Another Portion Of Nostalgia

Another Portion Of Nostalgia

Posted on April 23, 2010 by team

Another Portion Of Nostalgia 1

A cool selection of 40-years past photos.

Domodedovo airport.

Another Portion Of Nostalgia 2

Lenin in the bushes and a beautiful signal post.

Another Portion Of Nostalgia 3

Incredible but it’s a fact: the sidewalk has an asphalt ramp for prams. Even today it’s not often when you see it in Moscow.

Another Portion Of Nostalgia 4

Irkutsk, 1968

The airport. It seems that it will be here even in hundred years.

Another Portion Of Nostalgia 5

A great number of neon signs and stalls.

Another Portion Of Nostalgia 6

Today Irkutsk is the same but there are no signs anymore.

Another Portion Of Nostalgia 7

Leningrad, 1972

Traffic lights with hands.

Another Portion Of Nostalgia 8

Nevsky prospect.

Another Portion Of Nostalgia 9

Today this girl to the left  is of the same age as the granny to the right…

Another Portion Of Nostalgia 10

All girls wore Bermuda skirts and there were no so many perverts. Strange!

The sign of the bus stop is wonderful! Trolleybus icon is still the same in St. Petersburg today. There was another icon of a tram – letter “T” in a circle.

Another Portion Of Nostalgia 11Another Portion Of Nostalgia 12

Petrozavodsk, 1972

The phone box was still good but soda water machines were already trash.

More stories:

Click here to read next random post from English Russia

15 Responses to “Another Portion Of Nostalgia”

1. lbckkc says:

…can’t decide on the right thing…oh, well…1st!

2. Unknown says:

Great stuff!

3. DouglasUrantia says:

the ladies were doing their best to look fashionable.

4. Swede says:

It must really hurt to be agoraphobic in Russia.

5. JZ says:

Less cars = more space!

6. Mike B. says:

This post has been stolen and copied word from word from a famous Russian blogger. Stop stealing stuff!!!

7. maxD says:

Many things have changed since then. Like the army: the new defense minister [a civilian] ordered that all soldiers should take a one-hour nap in the afternoon and go home for the weekend.
    Can you imagine this in soviet times ??

8. maxD says:

And Putin promoting last week on TV that Arbitol [flu medication with no proven effect] is a good buy.
    And s0cial health-care will now be replaced by commercial care only [meaning no health care for old and poor people in general.] Now USA is more s0cial than Russia!!

9. The buses “Liaz” still riding in some provincial cities.

10. KBR says:

Yeah I must admit that somewhere in the recent history russian women lost their taste of good fashion. Pitty… as the girl of picture 10 (I think) proves. Perhaps there is some hope that in 30 or 40 years russian women will get theirs fashion taste back. Hopefully I will be around to see it ;) (and than to die an happy man ;) )

11. Musa says:

Don’t be such a cry baby. I love this post. Girl in black next to granny kinda looks like someone I know. I’m not sure because I cannot get the picture to full size to actually see much of it. If that can be fixed, I would appreciate it.
    Thank You.

12. alexa says:

Oh, I want to live in that year. Remindes me of Moskva slezam ne verit and S legkom parom movies. People were BETTER than that now.

13. Enelyon says:

whole set originally taken from Erhard K – http://www.fotocommunity.com/pc/pc/pcat/471809
    translated rusin comments taken from Artemy Lebedev blog – http://tema.livejournal.com/624389.html

14. kamerali sohbet says:

I am happy which i observed this excellent weblog. i wish to give you thanks for all you period together with effort which you have placed into this. I’ll return once again, Thanks