27 The 60s’ Gorky Park In Moscow

The 60s’ Gorky Park In Moscow

Posted on April 8, 2010 by team

The 60s\' Gorky Park In Moscow 1

Some elderly Muscovites and visitors of the Russian capital may remember how Moscow amusement parks used to look many years ago.

These pictures will take you back to the 60s, right to the Moscow Gorky Park. We are inviting you for the embankments and park walk  and for amusements.

The 60s\' Gorky Park In Moscow 2The 60s\' Gorky Park In Moscow 3

27 Responses to “The 60s’ Gorky Park In Moscow”

1. Sarkawi says:

FIRST…!!!!!

2. too much vodka says:

First to say second!

3. RussianDude says:

I think they imported all the rides and carrousels from USA.

4. Unknown says:

Is that English on the third pic? :O

5. Cracker says:

At the very least, the bumper cars are American. The intructions on the sign say “GAS” and “STOP” (photo 21). The British would not have used the word “GAS” and the Soviets would not have put English on their bumper cars’ control pedals.

6. spankym says:

The “Musik Express” ride doesn’t sound very Russian..

7. DouglasUrantia says:

These rides appear to have been made by Irvin Leisure based in London, UK.

I doubt that American companies would have been the supplier of this fair during the Cold War era.

Plus, they don’t look American to my eye. Maybe someone can give us an exact accounting.

8. are you kidding says:

IT looks boring and sorrowful. and yes those are American machines .

9. david says:

bang!

say da da da

tell me yes and let’s feed the fire

• SSSR says:

I knew someone would write some words from that song :)

I think the Buran space shuttle was in that park for a while.

Park Gorkey

• SSSR says:

I knew someone would write some words from that song :)

I think the Buran space shuttle was in that park for a while.

Park Gorky

10. SSSR says:

Maybe those rides did come from the United States,but not directly from the United States.It is interesting,all of the rides are in a park in my state.I am surprised to see the Jet star 2 in Russia,and musik instead of music.

11. Howard says:

Looks like good clean fun to me.

12. Zipp says:

It hasn’t really changed that much.

13. Ieroglif says:

It’s not 60s’, but 1993-1996 years.

The rollercoaster on photos 13, 14, 27 was mounted that time…

• arichi says:

but it says “Walking in Gorky Park in Moscow, late 60’s @ Orlov Evgeniy” on the pics, so either you are wrong, or the author lied to us.

14. kilo says:

This is definitely the late 60’s (the park looked the same in the 70’s too). The rollercoaster ride was there for as long as I remember it, and that goes back to mid 70’s at least. By the way, the ride was called “Americanskie gorkie” (“American rides” essentially), and it was believed that they were actually American-made. Bumper cars were enormously popular among us kids but nobody referred to them as “American”, so I’m not sure about those. The Gorky Park was a very nice place back then. Very clean, safe, and fun. There were lots of food there too. You could even buy a beer with a sausage or kebab or shrimp, but there were no drunks as the police was watching for them. On top of it, the park is conveniently located in the center of Moscow. This was my favorite amusement park when I was a kid. Today, we have nothing even close.

• Grifo says:

No! This rollercoaster at the enbankment was installed in 90’s. Photo is altered to look more 60’s style

15. Josie says:

That reminds me of amusement parks from my childhood. Sadly enough, most kids would be bored in places like these nowadays.

16. alexa says:

Oh, Those were the times, Simple! everybody was so happy. why cant it be the same now?!

17. biggfredd says:

They look similar to Cedar Point (Sandusky, Ohio) about the same time, except these images are all out of focus.

18. misa says:

I wonder if Arkady Renko is in one of these…