Many representatives of Soviet generation still remember the time of their youth falling into nostalgia for those days. They used to smell like warm pastry.
On this photo is an old cafe “Almaz” that sold a big variety of cakes that are probably still remembered by its frequent visitors with warmth and nostalgic smile.
Here is a list of top ten of the most popular and favorite Soviet cakes:
1) Meringue (“Beze”) – two white halves pieced together by jam.
2) Custard cake (Zavarnoye) – most popular cake at that time.
3) “Korzinka” cake or “Basket”
4) Lemon cake – a cool one with sourish taste.
5) “Kartoshka” or “Potato” cake – it’s even not a cake but cult!
6) Eclair cake.
7) Bouchee cake