25 Russian Home Made Ring

Russian Home Made Ring

Posted on March 17, 2010 by

Russian jewellery 1

An example of Russian custom made jewellery, some not bad ring he got as a result.

Russian jewellery 2

Russian jewellery 3

25 Responses to “Russian Home Made Ring”

1. david says:

this is one ugly ring!

2. BigMike says:

Looks like something you can get in the .25 cent machines at the mall.

3. Northwest says:

Awesome ring!

They over killed it with the gold finish- the pewter/silver was fine but the gold made it look ‘cheezy’.

It doesn’t matter the metal, give a good artist something malleable it will become great!

4. topcat says:

Obviously a skilled jeweler – definitely not an amateur – except that he has put the stone in upside down.

• Van. Isle says:

Topcat,
      I don’t think the stone is “upside down”, it was fully intentional. As well I feel that the setting is part of what makes the ring unique; the smaller stone in the band, the “cage” around the main stone, and the embellishments on the band all add up to a very cool piece.

5. Cracker says:

Needs to be thrown back into the fires of Mordor

6. dude says:

at first I thought there is a piece of hashis with a lighter in the first pic. then i read the title. dissappoint. suddenly, cool ring appears. :)

7. Eino says:

That’s the work of a professional goldsmith. Even the tools are goldsmith’s tools – and they’re quite expensive and require some space too, f.ex. the rolling mill in the beginning. If this person is “an amateur” now they at least have been fully trained.

In short: there’s nothing home-made about the ring, so why call it home-made?

• tarcktrack says:

Yeah, those tools he used is professional. My both parents are jewelers and they used to work at home for a long time. Jewelry equipment doesn’t take that much space. Actualy in India, jewelers are doing thier jobs just in the street.

8. George C says:

Nice ring, little rough but interesting. I bet that it is made by a student who is learning the trade of goldsmith, some kind of final project to show your craftsmanship and what you have learn. If you don’t know, Russia has great tradition of good goldsmiths and everybody knows Faberge and its magnificent jewelry, Easter eggs for Czar etc. It is nice to see that there will be new generation of craftsman’s to keep up that tradition.

9. Stealthy says:

idite vy nahuj tovarishi, tam instrument ves’ domashnij, eto Home Made!

10. Casey says:

This is the best post on this topic i have ever read.

11. B says:

what ridiculous comments! this is a lovely piece of craftsmanship but obviously not a project for a novice

12. Im pleased I discovered this web site, I couldnt obtain any info on this topic before. Also operate a niche site and if you are ever serious in doing some visitor writing for me you should feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my blog. Please stop by and leave a comment sometime!

13. ciacci says:

i want one !!!

14. kunal says:

Back to English Russia Main Page for more articles like this

15. kunal says:

16. P says:

so much for home made, a pro with 100 tools

17. Ow… that’s how to make a ring.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Soendoro Soetanto

18. Alex says:

Medieval….How can i get one made for me?

19. Mel says:

I want to learn how to do this :D

20. i also a jewellery craftman n designer ,i really happy to see the similarty between the tools