22 Crashed camera

Crashed camera

Posted on March 10, 2010 by

crashed camera 1

That was the state of a Sony Alpha A200 when the author of these photos got it. It was... Let's say someone trod it down several times. The rear view is the same - broken LCD leaked, protective plastic cover was missing. It was absolutely clear that there's no way to repair this poor camera. So a curious mind and a screwdriver were set on foot.

crashed camera 2

First impression of seeing the camera naked was a surprise of the level of miniaturization. Plenty of tiny ribbon cables connecting small cards, a flashlight and its capacitor, a beeper ad auto-focus switcher - all this was placed in a small black box which can be easily held in hands.

crashed camera 3

What's seen from behind? That big (only comparing with the others) card, the main one, carries probably the CPU (see that Toshiba chip?).

22 Responses to “Crashed camera”

1. perristalsis says:

Who figures this stuff out?
    A lot of technology crammed into the minimum space.
    Good post ER.

• Johnny Weir says:

OMG is it true Russians are still using stone age era roll films camera made by Kodak in the USA? :(

• Zipp says:

It’s digital. FOOL!

• Kirov says:

Do not joke about Russian ZENITH camera!!!!?!?! It is analog, very heavy and black. It does take pictures, and makes a very loud ‘klak!!’ sound when it does so! No miniature things found there!! Not even battery!! Old quality!!

• Mark Fades says:

Kirov! Lol I do have a zenith 11 and they weight more than a pound brother! but they do take some good old photo effect! I brought it once and dropped it, but because there are really few screws, nothing happened to it.

• Kirov says:

We have ZENITH!!

The best! Analog, no batterie, 1 kilo camera. Also a weapon when used to hit person!!

2. ZeroDrop says:

There’s a possibility of making this camera work again. Of course, with a broken LCD never would turn to be like before, but taking pictures, at least. The film cameras you had to take pictures without knowing if they’re got good or bad, you had to develop the film to see your pictures, so, a LCD display is not a must. But helps a lot, tough. Of course that if I would charge for this fix, no one would pay the price. That’s a hobby thing only.

And “stone-age era roll films”? There’s some high definition films around (pretty expensive, tough) that no digital camera come close. Of course regular people don’t see the difference, but an specialist does. When the digital cameras goes around, let’s say, 50 megapixels (true, not interpolated), so then films would be considered obsolete. But black & white high-definition films for high-altitude aircraft imaging still would be a hard match.

• OLUT says:

Ouch! You’re making me miss film! I’m happy to see anyone say nice things about film, and it’s true that the resolution is so much better than a digital camera. Even if you do have to process and print it. Thing I miss most is 3200 speed black and white film. Ahhh, the days…

• CZenda says:

“Yeah” from the proud user of XD7 and Dynax 5 :)

3. BigMike says:

According to other pictures on this site, I assume he will carve the missing parts out of wood?

4. Musa says:

How sad such a wonderful camera got destroyed like that.

Finnish I received my Finnish language course today.

LOL, that’s cheating! You are bad. :wicked:

5. cracker says:

The next fun thing to do is to smash the rest of it with a hammer. That never gets old!

6. Nipernaadi says:

What does this camera have to do with Russia?

7. TaupeyAna says:

Okay I could use all of this to make a sculpture. Of what, who the Hell knows?

8. Piotr says:

I have repaired damages like that. You can buy LCDs off ebay, but the quality will not be the same as before it fell. If that fails, you can still sell it for spare parts.

These Sony Alpha cameras are pretty sturdy, i wonder how many meters it fell down?

9. gary says:

GARY LEON BRAYNARD
    Born April 8, 1948
    ss # 561-74-6506

BRAYNARD, LINDA , Mae,
    dob 1950-08-June
    ss # 556-72-0101

10. somebody says:

Typically Russian behavior. Instead of creating something, destroy. Or better… steal it.

11. Felix Unger says:

Marvellous. All with a screwdriver on your foot.

12. Dear sir/Madam…………thank you for sharing .I think this article is my future.it’s Very useful and most beautiful. actually I dont know how do you do it.I never see such as attractive article. thank you……….thank you very much

13. Nice blog post. Keep blogging. Please visit mine when you have the time. Thanks.

14. thanks for the great articles