21 Airport as a Dispatcher Sees It

Airport as a Dispatcher Sees It

Posted on March 3, 2010 by

Airport dispatcher 1

Daily record of takeoffs and landings at the Domodedovo International Airport is 724. Maximum hourly capacity of two runways working simultaneously is 43 aircrafts. All this air traffic is controlled by dispatchers working day and night at the air traffic control tower. Profession of air traffic controller is among the most difficult ones speaking of psychological stress. Let's spend some time with professionals who control tens thousands of lives.

Domodedovo has two runways and each of them is controlled by the separate dispatcher teams. There is a total of 6 shifts, 10 dispatchers each.
Airport dispatcher 2

Airport dispatcher 3

21 Responses to “Airport as a Dispatcher Sees It”

1. Allen says:

First!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. francesco says:

not to seem picky (Air traffic control is my job) but flight dispatcher is a completelly different job. The workers in your photos are ATCO )Air traffic control officers).
    Ciao

3. New Fake Kirov says:

4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nice.

4. BigMike says:

My initial thought was how depressed they looked in the 1st photo. The only colour these people see all day are the green planes. I think I’ll send them some flowers :)

5. perristalsis says:

Pix reminds me of the movie “Airplane”:

Roger Murdock: Flight 2-0-9’er, you are cleared for take-off.
    Captain Oveur: Roger!
    Roger Murdock: Huh?
    Tower voice: L.A. departure frequency, 123 point 9’er.
    Captain Oveur: Roger!
    Roger Murdock: Huh?
    Victor Basta: Request vector, over.
    Captain Oveur: What?
    Tower voice: Flight 2-0-9’er cleared for vector 324.
    Roger Murdock: We have clearance, Clarence.
    Captain Oveur: Roger, Roger. What’s our vector, Victor?
    Tower voice: Tower’s radio clearance, over!
    Captain Oveur: That’s Clarence Oveur. Over.
    Tower voice: Over.
    Captain Oveur: Roger.
    Roger Murdock: Huh?
    Tower voice: Roger, over!
    Roger Murdock: What?
    Captain Oveur: Huh?
    Victor Basta: Who?

6. aammuk says:

Can anyone tell me which airline is those green planes?

7. mindtpi says:

S7 Airlines (Siberia Airlines), Russia’s largest airline on domestic routes:

8. Tom says:

Best view in the house for sure!

9. Swede says:

The ones working in an airport tower only manages the planes on the ground. Once they are up in the air they are left to some people sitting in some bunker somewhere controlling the airspace.

10. This is a exceptional post, I located your web page doing research aol for a related theme and arrived to this. I couldnt find to much other information on this summary, so it was awesome to discover this one. I will likely end up being back to check out some other articles that you have another time.

11. goods says:

A lot of thanks for your whole effort on this blog. My mother takes pleasure in doing research and it’s easy to see why. My spouse and i know all about the compelling form you deliver helpful information via this blog and welcome contribution from website visitors on this topic while my child has been discovering a lot. Take pleasure in the rest of the new year. You’re conducting a splendid job.