All in all the Moscow underground has 15 depots. â€œIzmailovoâ€ was opened in January, 14th, 1950. Initially it was a subdivision of â€œSokolâ€ depot and later it became independent.
More than 200 carriages are being serviced in the depot. “EM”, “EZH” type carriages are being substituted by new “Rusich” ones. Besides, in the depot a workshop is functioning where wheel pairs from all the underground are repaired.
Local attraction – historic carriage of A series under number 1. The first carriage of the 1st series of carriages in the Moscow underground.
It seems that the interiors of the depot have remained untouched since the day of its opening.
In one of the electric depot workshops in 1954 there was opened “Pervomayskaya” terminal that had been functioning till 1961. On the walls of this workshop there can be still seen the remains of the architectural details of the station design. “Rusiches”, despite the fact that they had already appeared about 20 years ago, still look like aliens in this entourage.
The Soviet “Empire style” – the star should be set off only by cornucopia.