15 Junk Them All

Junk Them All

Posted on February 5, 2010 by team

09294411661

Old cars cemetery is not a funny sight at all. Looking at those shadows of the past you start unconsciously think of the eternal things. As if with real man’s eyes they glare at you with their headlights and you can even see a bit of reproach in their look. Recently a newsperson from one of the Russian auto magazines went to a place where they junk cars to see what’s going to happen with our iron horses that already have had their days.

The junking state program is not started yet and so it is quite difficult to collect this junk garbage around the streets of Moscow. People growing greedy and do not want to junk their precious cars, even if they are old enough.

09314612842

All the cars that were sent to a disposal plant couldn’t possibly refresh your eye. However, you can find some interesting specimens there.

09354914567

Legendary car GAZ towers the pile of these miserable cars. Alas, there are no collectors in the real life that are hardy enough to renovate such an epic make of car.

15 Responses to “Junk Them All”

1. boriska says:

This is a good solution to a car waste problem, but you know what would be even better, if someone finally fixed the EnglishRussia forum.

2. Oleksa says:

Metal can be recycled, I wonder if they thought about it

3. jim-bob says:

That makes me sad…. What a waste of a GAZ 21! I would have loved to have owned it and rebuilt it, but now that can never be….

4. New Fake Kirov says:

6th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These cars look better than mine.

5. Precious Lada going to the thrasher, a sight which is sad!

I thought you can recycle tires, seats and so on?

6. Toitsu says:

I have gaz-21 here in Finland udner construction. It is sad that junk car piles are not found by car enthusiasts so they could save parts they need. For example if some has decent condition gaz-21 streering wheel, i am in need…. :)

7. Musa says:

They don’t have junk yards in Russia where people can go for spare parts of older vehicles?

8. dooky says:

Nooooo….. not the GAZ 21. I’ts an awsome beutifull car. :( If fully restored it cost aprox 10’000 Eur

9. Hawaii says:

Schreib doch bitte noch ein wenig ausführlicher. Würde gerne noch mehr darüber wissen.

10. Neutsy says:

I would like to have an old Lada Niva or something, heck they were even sold in Canada at one point. I would gladly trade my Grand Caravan for one :D but, even a Niva is probably worth more than my hunk of junk.

11. John says:

Why don’t they have junkyards in Russia?