16 St. Petersburg governor shoveling snow

St. Petersburg governor shoveling snow

Posted on January 9, 2010 by team

matva-snow-0137

A funny picture could be recently seen in the streets of St. Petersburg. Some guys put on masks of the city governor Matviyenko and came out to shovel snow. At least the action amused the city citizens.

matva-snow-00861matva-snow-01021

16 Responses to “St. Petersburg governor shoveling snow”

1. DougW says:

There’s no business like snow business.

2. Russian_NYC says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I’m not sure what their point was, but this is freakin’ hilarious!

3. Musa says:

I love inserting shovel in my a$$!

4. Ones says:

Noted for picture #16, the 3rd person from left has no face

5. Simon says:

I wonder why Russian and Korean have the same handmade broom. I thought it is a Korean style when I was in S. Korea. But it could be a cultural common denominator in the Asia, I guess.

6. Steamed McQueen says:

Perfect example of Russia’s refusal to modernize. Instead of all those people manually shoveling snow, one person operating a small bobcat or front-loader could clean the entire area in much less time.

It was good to see the pics of St. Pete again. I spent many an early morning after a night of clubbing outside Gostiny Dvor waiting for the metro to open.

For all of it’s backwardness and problems, I still love the place, especially in winter.

7. Musa says:

Looks like they are having fun too!

8. Very funny, it’s nice to see people having fun.

9. Peter says:

Cool masks, although they seem to be only made out of paper…

10. RusMan says:

Ha Ha you are so funny Americans! In St. Petersburg there is no business !???? That is yes, but where did he go then?? Nor offered his country above the other!
    Broom or who does not clean the snow, this is a spade.
    Not Surely it is not clear that this is just a joke of students (PR campaign) to attract more people. And then the governor general to do with it.

11. Shovel says:

Funny pics. Though governor Matviyenko looks creepy :) I think she had a lot of fun watching this protest:)