61 Bechyovinka, the submariners’ secret town

Bechyovinka, the submariners’ secret town

Posted on January 5, 2010 by team

img_21021

There is a secret town in Kamchatka. One can get here only by sea or a helicopter.

The town’s name is Bechyovinka (in the name of Bechyovinsky bay) or Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky-54 (in accord with the last figures of the postal code).

img_1987

We do not need it anymore.

img_1928

It’s ordered to abandon the town!

61 Responses to “Bechyovinka, the submariners’ secret town”

1. perristalsis says:

Absolutely evocative of another era, perhaps a hundred years from now historians will be looking for this very locale, now passed into folklore.

2. BostonJ says:

I love these types of pictures, this is why I come here.

3. Alfa555 says:

Nice pictures! Can you tell more about it.. Thanks anyway!

4. wing says:

unbelievable

5. Petrosky says:

Here are the coordinates:

+53° 16′ 19.21″, +159° 47′ 0.95″

Just put them on google maps or something…

6. Tauper says:

Great Post, Thank You!

7. martin says:

Very nice Blogpost, amazing Pics!
    Thanks for sharing!

8. StanSki says:

What a beautiful place. No one lives there at all?

• Ximlania says:

Don`t be in so hurry! ! ! to go there.this place is so “contaminated” and “poisonous” just because of Soviets insanity to win cold war! ! ! ! !radio activity and bio hazard is so dangerous to breath there.you all can notice that there are no “birds” and nothing living creature is visible.fine, go and “enjoy” ! ! ! ! ! ! !

9. AXDR44 says:

Amazing photos, seems like a very intersting place to visit.
    Thank You.

10. amy says:

if you look at the coordinates, you see what a strategic town this must have been. close to both alaska and japan…

11. Ivan says:

This is real Russia.
    This is how Russia will look like when they run out of gas and oil. They don’t build anything, no industry to speak of
    but few thousand Russian live like sheiks and the rest of
    their citizens live like beggars in India

12. Goku says:

now to get all imature and western on you, it looks just like fallout3! they are amazing, almost like a film set, amazing

13. Rumenskiy says:

for sure, both Russia and USA have bigger and better secret weapons!!! It would be foolish to leave all behind and not have some Aces in the sleeve :D

14. rikejuca says:

I’d love to visit this abandoned sites someday….

And these type of pictures is what makes me come back everytime :)

Thx!

15. SSSR says:

Those pictures are like what I saw on the tv show Life After People.Welcome to earth,population 0!

16. DougW says:

This would make good location for s.t.a.l.k.e.r. game. :)

17. Jerry says:

awesome!~ feels like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. except more nostalgic
    reading though it makes a good lol entertainment

18. Matt says:

I thought the soldier’s beret was kind of sad. All the training to earn it-just to leave it behind!

19. Ones says:

Everything is abandoned there, whats wrong with russian??

20. Ones says:

21. deezee says:

anyone with google earth location?

• Halojumper says:

Here are the coordinates:

+53° 16′ 19.21″, +159° 47′ 0.95″

Just put them on google maps or something…

22. w says:

Wow this stolen post is very very old

23. john says:

the landscape is divine !

24. K says:

Excellent pictures, gives out a very disturbing end-of-the-world-y feeling and I love it.

25. Golden Hinde says:

LMAO!

26. Providence says:

Sounds romantic but would be better to do that in virgin forest.

27. Shooroop says:

Hey, my friends…
    This plase is abandoned ’cause it’s very harmful. In Soviet Union’s times probably there was a complex of some toxic production. Equipment wasn’t great in that time and there were a lot of crashes. I have some friends from Kamchatka, Sakhalin and the ending plases of Chykotka (Chukchi Peninsula). They told that Soviet government had preferred to leave those plases ’cause it was the cheepest and simplest way in our borderless Motherland. Everybody had been ressetled to an european part of Russia, even to Saint Petersburg and Moscow in fact.
    And nowadays theese plases still are the ghosts of remembering our Soviet Union’s past.

28. cissa says:

Wow. Russia never ceases to surprise me ine very possible way. I’d love to spend a year travelling there.

29. Kevin says:

Great pics! Right up my alley. In America there would be vacation condos there the town once was.

30. Bill says:

I wonder if you can see Sara Palins house from there?

31. godex says:

Lame, this is fake. I have already seen those photos months ago, they were signed that they were made in Czarnobyl…

32. Lames says:

Fake is not. We is shooting and fishing in water there.

33. Byron says:

We (US) need to round up and send our lefty enviro-wacko’s over there to live, I’m sure they’d love the back to nature experience…. They could finaly spend their time making a difference, cleaning up the place….. LOL.

34. James in Milwaukee says:

It looks haunted. Imagine what it must be like when everyone is gone and the wind is whistling through the broken windows. Spooky.

35. Im2501 says:

isn’t that what you guys did with Australia??
    And see what happened there…

36. Harry Reid says:

Could you pleasee provide more information on this topic??? Also your site is amazing. Best regards…

37. I thought this was going to be another long boring blog post, but I was pleasantly suprised. I will be posting a backlink on my blog, as I am quite sure my readers will find this more than interesting.

38. praveen says:

Amazing pictures, Excellent Location, great experience… since childhood I have a fascination to be in once such location and remain here for rest of my life…. these photos remind me of Stalker” movie and also Soviet era…

39. praveen says:

excellent photos, great location and amazing experience, i always have a fascination from childhood to be in one such place and live there forever…reminds me of “Stalker” movie. All these photos reminds me of Soviet superpower era…

40. oleeee says:

this would be a fun place to play as a little kid…

“It seems like a hobby to abandoned everything in russia…. whats wrong with this country??”
    LMAO

same way as the Greeks abandoned their theaters as cities as their empire vanished, same thing was with the soviet empire. i would love to see the faces of tourist from 3010 coming here and taking pictures and “playing” STALKER or FALLOUT, which would be ancient in their time.

41. Max says:

Yes, I was in the end of 70-s on place like this on far nord of Russia, Chukotka’s peninsula. We, in geological expedition, suddenly finded forgotten army base, without personal, without weapons,- just lot of fuel tanks for helicopters. And this place was guarded only by two hungry soldjers with no weapon! We asked this guys, why they haven’t weapons and amunition. They answered: because what happened year ago, when some soldjer from guard crew killed all another soldjers, and he was destroyed by missile from helicopter… Some kind of winter manic-depression, maybe. But it happened many years before collapse of Soviet Union.

42. Scoot says:

Breathtaking,beautiful and callous art. I loved all of the running dialogue too. Great job man.
    This place looks a lot like Pripyat in the Ukraine.
    Except no nuclear disaster happened here.

43. vendo casa says:

I’ve been reading a few posts and i’m adding your blog to my rss reader , thanks !

44. Jack says:

Some cool shots I guess, The one from outside the building looking uphil near the flowers/grass etc is cool

Anyway, Back to watching South park episode

45. Does anyone really believe that he spontaneously decided to activate an emergency slide? Then grabbed a beer before he left?

46. BORIA says:

why i must live in a place full of angry people? everytime when i see similar pictures i think that i was madde to live in places like that.

from poland with love

47. I remodel my bathroom. I change the Maecenas, rather pure, filtered water is operating on the wall and many humidity buildup in ceilling. the shower is into a corner the fan is by use of the wall 10′ a way. does The Maecenas have to be over the shower? or should I built a substitute ceiling during the shower?

48. Alisher says:

Wow,wow I’ve served here What are they done with ny town?