26 Russia’s Reindeer-herdsmen

Russia’s Reindeer-herdsmen

Posted on December 24, 2009 by team

post-3-12614039236230

272 miles long peninsula Yamal in Siberia is considered to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. It is also mother soil for vagrant tribes, the Nenets people. Their main occupation is reindeer breeding and all they have are reindeer, because they build houses of reindeer skin and make their clothes of it. There are a few thousand of herdsmen on the peninsula who have more than 500,000 reindeer. But presently their traditional occupation is at stake owing to global warming and climate change.

post-3-12614038909154post-3-12614038965020

26 Responses to “Russia’s Reindeer-herdsmen”

1. Song Of Beltane says:

Great Post, Thank You!

2. creationsmith says:

oh brother…. not ANOTHER “gobal warming guilt trip” page!!! Aggghhhhh! we’re all gonna burst into flames!

• Pastka says:

Relax! Global warming it is just a false theory used by politicians like Gore to establish carbon tax, so the world will stay as it is – Rich people will get more money, and poor people will loose more money.

3. Magnus says:

If they have nothing to worry about except for global warming, then all is well. Fewer people are falling for the climate change hoax as time passes.

4. DouglasUrantia says:

It’s like looking into the past. Human’s are expert hunters when we are hungry. Of course most of the hunting today is done on Wall Street.

5. Musa says:

Yes is beautiful!

Missing from photo’s are the remains of oil drilling and other garbage:Russian do not clean up after themselves, cleaning =gay.

6. Kirov says:

Yes is beautiful! Missing from photo’s are the remains of oil drilling and other garbage:Russian do not clean up after themselves.

7. Kirov says:

Cleaning = g.a.y.

8. Legacy says:

I don’t want to offend anyone but these people look filthy and like they smell horrible.

Human beings who don’t bathe can smell as bad as death on the dying and a decomposing body.

I want to go to Mongolia and stay in a yurt/ger, horse riding and all that but I’m concerned if they are clean people?

If anyone has had experience with Mongolians they could share, I would appreciate it.

• Kirov says:

Use google.

• Silversun Pickups says:

So you have absolutely no idea, how comforting!

• Kirov says:

If you want to go to Mongolia, go!!! It will change your life!! People are different, culture is different, broaden your horizon!! Do not expect easy vacation, it is not Club Med; but it is worth it!

PS ignore the Fake Kirov that is using my name. He cannot handle the fact he lost an argument with me and now is getting back at me with childish actions. I pity him.

• Pacific Cloud says:

Pampered = Boring!

I’m use to the great outdoors and I’m definitely not afraid to get dirty or muddy!

I just have an aversion to people who don’t take baths!

Do I give people the impression I’m spoiled and scared to live?

Thanks for the advice! I will probably go as soon as I can convince someone to go with me!

Tauper

• Circe says:

Legacy, Song Of Beltane and Journey On The Sea Wind are names of some fantasy stories I have written to give my young adult children as presents! I have never been on Club Med. You don’t have to be rich to enjoy sailing or to appreciate beautiful and or historical sailing ships or any other type of ships! I apologize if gave anyone wrong the impression.

• Robert says:

Hi,

I know someone who got on a motorcycle and went to Mongolia.

More info can be found here: http://www.mongolia.ro/eng/?p=426

It’s more like a travel log, you will find some infor over there.

You could also contact him, he came back after all. He most likely will offer you important information regarding the trip, visas, etc.

Godspeed.

• LJR says:

people who live in tents in areas where the average temperature is below zero probably do not shower every day. LOL, what a thing to hold to be important!!

9. Ken Lawson-Williams says:

Is it possible in the winter to drive (on iceroads) accross northern Russia or is it only allowed on the Trans Siberian Highway…

Many of the Canadian iceroads are public but some are closed/restricted and privately owned

10. Musa says:

Something about that guy in first picture reminds me of Putin.

11. praveen says:

Excellent Photographs !!!

12. Ajani says:

Just observed your internet site on yahoo and i believe it’s a shame that you aren’t ranked higher due to the fact this can be a marvelous put up. To change this I made a decision to save your internet site to my RSS reader and i will try and point out you in 1 of my posts due to the fact you really deserv much more readers when publishing content material of this quality.