41 Russian Gold Reserve

Russian Gold Reserve

Posted on November 23, 2009 by

Russian Gold

Historically, gold holds its value and is the experts’ pick for diversifying your portfolio and potentially increasing its performance. In fact, gold has increased in value over 150% since 2001. As opposed to equities, which can go from very high levels down to zero in a very short time, gold is never going to zero. When other markets collapse, gold has historically seen huge increases in value as people make a quick flight to quality. Gold investing allows individuals to accumulate assets that protect their wealth.

Russian Gold 2Russian Gold 3

41 Responses to “Russian Gold Reserve”

1. Bonifatsy says:

Oh my god! give me please one ingot))

2. Cheburashka says:

Give me another one too!

3. BostonJ says:

Can we drag the Jewish into this ?

• CZenda says:

Easily.
      TBH, not too much. The Auschwitz gold was sent to Swiss banks long before the Third Reich collapsed and Ruskies could get hold of it.

4. Swede says:

Russian gold is mined in the deep permafrost mass-graves of Gulag.

5. Musa says:

Gold is excellant long term investment. Wonderful post!

6. Musa says:

My name is Boris and i’m a moderator.

• Musa says:

This is not my comment but I know the mental midget who wrote it!

Boris is a highly intelligent man who has a wonderful sense of humor and a beautiful heart of gold.

However, he does have a firey passionate Hellborn temper!

So maybe you not in a good position! Time will tell! :P

7. Mr. Rothschild says:

All your gold belongs to us!

8. Cosmopolitan says:

Putin give you this gold russian poor people ? hahaahaha

9. SSSR says:

I wonder how many troy ounces the top bar is.It looks like it is around $4,000,maybe $5,000 but no more than that.

• Eric who says:

11244,3 g/31,1034768 g/oz=361,5126396 oz

• Eric who says:

11244,3 g/31,1034768 g/oz= 361,5126396 oz
      1100 USD/oz ->397 663,90 USD

• Taupey says:

So what, the US has lots more pretend gold in their reserve and it’s prettier too!

• SSSR says:

There are fake gold bars that look real.The gold above looks real because they have serial numbers and the country of production on them.Be careful if you buy gold because there is metal that looks like gold but it is really cupero nickel.

• robert says:

Per wiki: “Despite high copper content, the colour of cupro-nickel remarkably is silver.”

• Taupey says:

Calm yourself Captain America!

Well Done Robert!

• Taupey says:

I want to make it perfectly clear so no one else will get all excited and confussed like Captain America did!
                I WAS NOT implying that the gold in this post is fake!

I was making a joke about the US not having any gold at all! :P

• SSSR says:

Well all right Taupey,I just wanted to write about serial numbers and fake gold.We do have Fort Knox.

• Taupey says:

SSSR, I’m sorry to be the one to tell you, but Fort Knox belongs to China!

It doesn’t matter, all the gold in there is fake as well!

• SSSR says:

Be skeptical about what you read.If Fort Knox is China’s gold now there is a gold reserve in New York City and probably other reserves only the US government knows about.I don’t think any president of the United States or leader of any other country would let all of the gold in the country go!

• desreveR says:

@ RSSS

erehT era sromur fo dlog detalp netsgnut srab ni troF xonK tub taht sah ton neeb nevorp.I t’nod eveileb gnihtyreve I daer no eht tenretni!

10. chris says:

has peter shift’s books been translated into Russian now?

• Fred says:

I know you are joking, and when I first saw people writing watermarks across their pictures online I thought “get over yourselves!” But these days the internet is swamped in high quality digital images and if you spend the time/money/effort/talent/skill to go out and make these images (and post process etc), you full well deserve to put your name on it (or photo agency, etc), and I strongly urge all photographers to do that because it is all too easy for some lesser dodgy entity to steal/imitate/rip off. So hats off to the photographers and ER who bring them to us intact with the accompanying articles.

11. jelx says:

excuse me, but where is the reference to the photos’ author?

12. russ, ian says:

I have a gold-plated phone.

13. brian t says:

These aren’t the obvious fakes, but they could still be gold-plated tungsten, which is not easy to spot. See:

14. PIVO says:

You can’t sell gold in Russia. Oh! You can but don’t sell! The Russian goverment (State bank) can sell you a gold brick but the goverment buy it back for the prime price, but with minus 21%.

Why is that? I don’t know.

15. How much of the Russian golden reserve comes from the gold confiscated in the Third Reich? And how much of it comes from the dental gold?

• Mo says:

Actually none.. The German gold is in partly in Switzerland, partly in South America, and some of it is in the Vatican’s Bank. The 3rd Reich evacuated the gold before the allied forces could grab it.

16. Jerika says:

I love gold and how it shines.I wish I had every gold bar on this post!

17. Vitaly says:

Wonderful pics! Just give me a few of this gold bars!

18. sss says:

where is romanian gold that u didnt gave it back ???

• Chaushesku says:

Ask Chaushesku… Oh wait! you killed him! too bad… The gold was in his private bank account, somewhere in a vault in a Carribean bank… :)))

19. actually anyone here know a good reliable site to sell off our gold … these fellas? Selling Gold

20. ara says:

hey government, how about spending some of the gold to help poor Russian people.

21. You’re making a lot of fine arguments in this blog post nevertheless its tricky in my situation to concentrate on this great article on the broken theme!