67 Russia’s Seven Wonders

Russia’s Seven Wonders

Posted on November 8, 2009 by team

d181d0bad183d0bbd18cd0bfd182d183d180d0b0-d180d0bed0b4d0b8d0bdd0b0-d0bcd0b0d182d18c

There are seven wonders of the world, but most of them were already destroyed either by the hands of humans or by the cruel passing of time. And last year a group of some Russian TV-channels, newspapers and radio stations hold an official opinion poll and discovered what kinds of real wonders Russia has. Anyone could participate in the poll taking votes via internet or SMS services. So, the seven best-looking and really fascinating places were chosen. Here they are:

The Baikal Lake

This lake is situated in Eastern Siberia and considered to be the deepest lake in the world as well as the biggest freshwater tank on the Earth. It is 1500 meters deep (~5000 feet). Look how clean the water is. The view is really enthralling.

2276

as111

67 Responses to “Russia’s Seven Wonders”

1. Indy75 says:

First, and that’s why I love Russia :)

2. Taupey says:

Absolutely beautiful photographs! Fantastic post ER Admin. :)

3. Musa says:

That’s right!

4. Taupey says:

What is that in the distance on the side of the mountain of picture no.3? I’m sitting on a dock in a bay with my CrackBerry so I can’t see it all that well.

5. David says:

Man…Russia is beautiful!!
    I knew just some Russian places (beautiful)…but didn’t know about some of these pics!

6. Lenin-McCarthy says:

Very nice. You forgot GUM and Spasskaya Tower…

7. Scrat335 says:

St Basils is certainly one of the worlds great wonders. Pictures do not do it justice. To walk around it is a very gran experience.

8. fdsaifdasiu says:

Hm wasn’t the Valley of the Geysers flooded and destroyed lately?

9. Quang says:

Wow!
    I love Russia & Russian :D

I’m from Vietnam, Asia

10. Barry says:

The Stone Pillars of Komi are fantastic, but I can not find any other information about them. Can anyone provide more information on them?

11. nikoswashere says:

very nice pics

12. Claude says:

Did’nt Peterhof completly burn down a few tears ago???

13. Ivana Benderova says:

I am a bit confused. Isn’t that palace named “Davidhoff,” and not “Peterhof?” I know for a fact that David Hasselhoff is a revered former ruler of Russia, but I can’t find any Google or Wikipedia information to support this…? Any help out there?

14. illlich says:

I don’t think Baikal is quite as clean as you think– thanks to the factories in Irkutsk.

I am an American, and I think The Motherland monument is better looking than the Statue of Liberty (although to call it twice as tall is misleading– most of that height is from the sword.)

15. Jason says:

Ozzy Osbourne has been in the union domes in Saint Bassels back in 1989!

16. Tom says:

Amazing stuff!! Love St Bazil’s and those Poles are incredible! That Mother Motherland monument is cool but pretty scary – is it the sheer scale, the pose or the facial expressions, or maybe just the concrete looking building materials? Either way, awe-inspiring and bloody frightening!

17. Tom says:

That Mother Motherland monument is amazing but bloody scary!!

18. westerner says:

i think there are more westerners than russians on this site, because we enjoy laughing at how backwards some of the things are over there:D

19. manikandan says:

manik hfadb h yrf vuytr jyfr jytrt nds dewa jh g

20. UnderM says:

Seven wonders of Russia. Why they called Baikal as russian wonder? It’s not in Russia, it’s in Siberia. Why they called Komi poles as russian wonder? It’s not in Russia, it’s in Komiland. Why they called Valley of Gayser as russian wonder? It’s not in Russia, it’s far-far away from Russia, it’s in Kamchatka. Why they called Elbrus as russian wonder? It’s not in Russia, it’s in Caucasus. They all in lands occupied by russian troops. Does Russia havn’t his own wonders to be proud?

• canuckland says:

nice logic there, really nice, bravo!
      ..then why call any given thing on U.S. soil American? it was all acquired by occupation.. err wait, i meant to say GENOCIDE of the native americans

• Russ says:

you are just saying it because you have nothing better to do. you know you are wrong, so is everyone else here. on the other hand, if you keep saying red is blue over and over again people will believe you, right? I see where you going with is…

21. Ilya says:

I live in Volgograd! Mother Motherland is the best!!! There are many other monuments on Mamaev Kurgan (it is where Mother Motherland situated). Anybody wants little copy of it? I can buy it=) Write on iluha_t@bk.ru

22. javad says:

Hi there

Very nice pictures and sight seeings.I am sure that there is a huge history for each one It is my hopefulness that I could
    see all of them but in the other hand I prefer a country and a culture which has loyalty what the Russian have not at all.

23. sidrat42 says:

CORRECTION: The Mother Motherland monument is incorrectly named. It is known as the Mother Russia Statue (or “Motherland is Calling” in Volgograd, Russia. ALSO, it stands 270 feet (82.3 meters) vs. the Statue Of Liberty which stands at 151 feet (46 meters) “without it’s base” (305 feet (93 meters) “including base”. Currently the tallest is the Yan Huang Statues at 348 feet (106 meters).

24. sidrat42 says:

CORRECTION: The Mother Motherland monument is incorrectly named. It is known as the Mother Russia Statue (or “Motherland is Calling” in Volgograd, Russia. ALSO, it stands 270 feet (82.3 meters) vs. the Statue Of Liberty which stands at 151 feet (46 meters) “without it’s base” (305 feet (93 meters) “including base”). Currently the tallest is the Yan Huang Statues at 348 feet (106 meters).

25. raoul says:

That’s why my platonic love is Russia; one day I’ll visit you, one day! :)

26. Kate says:

I’m totally surprised and glad to find this tremendous set here ))) Actually, this is the site http://www.ruschudo.ru/ where it all started, I mean, the contest and the vote for top-7 wonders of Russia. It turned out, there are much more than 7 wonderful places ))) The site is only in Russian… but still )) There are lots of photos there. Last summer I travelled to the Republic of Komi to this place http://www.ruschudo.ru/miracles/277/ with my own eyes… tThe place is really fantastic! For sure, these memories have brcome one of the best memories in my life )))

27. Feri says:

Very beautiful pictures. I thank me for being allowed to see them.

28. Kelly says:

These photos are beautiful. They show me places I didn’t know existed. The lake is just breathtaking. The poles are amazing. If only I could see every beautiful place in the world. It’s too bad than I can’t, but I am lucky enough that some kind soul takes the time to post pictures of some of the places here. And the thanks he/she gets is a handful of people acting like children.

My country is better than your country. My country can beat up your country. My country was here first! My country has bluer sky than your country. MY country has more clouds than YOUR country. My goodness, did someone not get their happy nappy today? Or did they just not learn their manners?

When someone posts beautiful photos you say, “Wow, what beautiful photos, THANK YOU for posting them.” Or something like that.

Carry on.

29. Josie says:

Wow….Russia is so beautiful! These are some of the most amazing photos I have seen in a long time :)

30. Rosemary Rosewood says:

I do LOVE RUSSIA. Russia is the greatest country. Love all things of Russia !!

31. Kent Barcus says:

Thank you for posting these beautiful images of both natural and human-constructed wonders. An American can marvel sincerely at the people and the land of Russia. Glorious!

32. Razzvan21 says:

Long live the EAST

33. MrSatyre says:

What’s the status of the Mother Russia statue? I understand that it’s sinking and tilting badly and that no funds are available to fix it…?

34. Babita says:

the best pictures & places i’ve ever seen………..

really, it’s too good & interesting, gorgeous pics…….

35. Soendoro Soetanto says:

Very nice pictures…
    Thanks,

Soendoro Soetanto

36. Jo says:

The Mountain looks like it could be from New Zealand!

37. bear riding unicycle says:

In Soviet Russia, second IS first.

38. I wish I could be there one day :D

39. alcinea says:

o belo será sempre belo mesmo que o tempo esteja entre ele
    e este belo vem de Deus para voce louve!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40. Galitsin says:

Where is Kremlin? It’s a real symbol of Russia!

41. Roberto says:

I do not care much for 7 wonders, I feel sorry for the millions of people in Russia who live in dire poverty while a few Olegargs are stripping the land of it’s wealth, more multimillionaires in Moscow than anywhere else in the world yet 90% of the population averages a salary of 100 dollars a week and is so scared of loosing their job , they work overtime for free and sometimes do even get paid for months. If they dare to speak up they are simply fired. From the Police to the top political echelons, nothing happens if they do not get a backhander , sometimes of millions and it is always in American Dollars, I should know I live here.

42. Svolich says:

Now now babies, try to control the Inner Slav within you. It is not pretty.

43. Svolich says:

Russian whores in Abu Dhabi. That is where the beauty from Russia has gone.
    Have another vodka Uri and go to bed.

44. ashley says:

thanks i really needed this info

45. Baldraven says:

Plenty to be proud of ……….