20 Abandoned Military Object

Abandoned Military Object

Posted on October 23, 2009 by

Russian abandoned military object

Previously this was an object from the chain of military air defence stations. Then when USSR went down many objects went down too. Lack of funding, new military doctrines and concepts, then international disarmament initiatives – all this lead to thousand of those being left to stay in condition like this.

Russian abandoned military object 1

Russian abandoned military object 2

20 Responses to “Abandoned Military Object”

1. Mr. Rabinovich says:

Jews never abandon their military bases.

2. kapusta says:

where is this?

3. Steamed McQueen says:

This must be a fairly remote location, else why isn’t it completely stripped out as many of the other abandoned military installations are?

Pics like this are my favorite type of posts on ER. Keep ‘em coming!!

4. The real value there would be in all those shelves of maps.

5. Shep says:

In Soviet Russia, old Teleprinter types YOU! (Couldn’t help myself..) Excellent collection of phots, though. :-)

6. Richard S. says:

This should be restored and become a museum.

7. who dares wins says:

as soeone who has worked in NATO bunkers, I find it fascinating that the Soviets were just as worried about the threat of attack as we were (the chart showing NATO aircraft attack profiles)

8. r4 ds games says:

KGB must have left it a long time ago.,…
    If it had been that classified, KGB would have destroyed it for sure….

9. madachode says:

Why is all of that backwords writing all over the place? Were the pictures taken in a mirror or does someone need to go back to 1st grade?

10. maszin says:

where this place is ??

11. Stefan Dimitrov says:

I always wanted to visit a place like this, but JUST VISIT it and take a “few’ (thousand) pictures, not VANDALIZE it.Abandoned military bases like this one should be turned into museums, not left to the tooth of time and rusting…

12. CBEH says:

Year of Soviet equipment (est) 1978-1980

Possibly land-satellite first strike information center to report all information to Moscow.

Very funny to see these old diagrams. Soviets were anticipating B-52 attack with SRAM/ALCM missiles.

13. justice says:

backwords writing is for reading it from the other side of the glass-wall

there were special trained writers wich write backwords all the time on those glass-walls

14. pieter says:

good morning I am francais and I would like to know or this site is in which region of it Russia or better if you could give me coordinated GPS (degree of latitude and degree of longitude) I leave you my mail for contact: vanhollebeke.pieter@gmail.com

15. Andrasone-HUN says:

Én még mindig nem értem miért kell mindent szét szedni, összetörni, mint a barbárok.

16. I thought you might like this :)

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. :)