18 War at Ceramic Tiles

War at Ceramic Tiles

Posted on October 22, 2009 by

Russian ceramic tiles art

In Rostov city Russia an epic forty-thirty years old ceramic tiles artwork has been found in the underground passages.

It tells various stories from World War 2 in ultra realistic style.

Probably that’s one of a kind in the whole world, I doubt somewhere else there are places where this material was used to describe the war happenings.

Russian ceramic tiles art 1

Russian ceramic tiles art 2

Russian ceramic tiles art 3

Russian ceramic tiles art 4

Russian ceramic tiles art 5

Russian ceramic tiles art 6

Russian ceramic tiles art 7

Russian ceramic tiles art 8

Russian ceramic tiles art 9

Russian ceramic tiles art 10

Russian ceramic tiles art 11

More stories:

Click here to read next random post from English Russia

18 Responses to “War at Ceramic Tiles”

1. polish jew says:

wow…this is so beautiful!

2. Mr. Rabinovich says:

And where are the famous Jewish war heroes?

3. acidwash says:

Now that what i call 9 to 5

4. Henry says:

This is good art! I hope they’ll value it and won’t let it go to waste (I notice some tiles coming off and lost already).

5. Adolfo Camara says:

The war scene, simply impressive.

6. Jim-Bob says:

Impressive! I don’t think I have ever seen a mosaic like that before. I just hope that such a wonderful work of art is not lost to time in a nation that seems all too often to want to destroy anything to do with the past. The Soviet Union may have been a net evil for mankind, but it would be a tragedy to lose the beautiful things like this that came from it. Let’s hope Russia comes to it’s senses before all of the art and culture of that time is lost to history forever.

• Jim-Bob says:

I will also add that The Soviet Union was well known for their beautiful subway (underground) stations back in the day, and were the envy of many Western countries. Unlike places such as New York, there was no graffiti, everything was clean, and the decor was a showcase of the culture of the country. They were one of the great accomplishments of the Soviet system and deserve to be preserved and cared for.

7. teehee says:

first!

8. European says:

Damn beautiful

9. Artiecoon says:

Really beautiful, full with action and amazingly made. I wish I could see it with my own eyes.

10. Victor Serge says:

You have a lot of beautiful art on this site, but this is the best I’ve seen so far. The colours in the mosaic are remarkable. It makes me nostalgic for the ideals of the USSR – not the Stalinist state terror, but the idea that art should be a part of public life, and not reserved for galleries and private collections.

11. Asian tiles says:

Yes Victor, I too feel nostalgic about the charm of USSR when I went through the gallery that day. I must appreciate the work.

– Annabella

12. Mathew says:

Hi Annabella,

I want to know more about the artists of these mosaic tiles. Please help.

Mathew J.