53 Russian Paratroopers Day

Russian Paratroopers Day

Posted on August 4, 2009 by

011

On August 2, 1930 near Voronezh a parachute subdivision of 12 men landed in the fields and  this started a new tradition of the Soviet and then Russian army. This date is the professional holiday of paratroopers and is celebrated for already 79 years. Over this period landing troops took part in all armed conflicts of the former USSR. Nowadays these troops are believed to be the elite of the army. The motto of the Blue berets “Nobody but us”.

Ex-paratroopers go to the centre of the city and have fun meeting their friends and “colleagues”, swimming in fountains and drinking vodka. They may seem to be quite aggressive and brutal, but in fact they are rather calm, when not drunk.  Anyways, being in the crowd of these ex-soldiers may cost you a lot, if you didn’t serve in the army, look like a gay and say some things they don’t approve (in general, it’s hard to say, what they don’t approve, so, it’s better just to keep your mouth shut unless you want to have problems).

53 Responses to “Russian Paratroopers Day”

• MlSS lndia says:

OMG if these people are the “ELITE” squad of Russian army, I give up hope on Russia. Russia will never rise again. One Navy Seal in the US Navy will be equal to a battalion of these Russian elite. But i concede some guys are total hotties :(

1. Saad says:

Most of them look gay

2. bullet in your head says:

looks like the gay pride parade

3. Mike says:

I see there bunch of drunk over sized people. Nothing to be proud of.

• TT says:

Where exactly do you see oversized people?
      The only fat dude in the fountain?
      I was quite surprised to see so many of them in such a great shape considering that they probably drink and smoke lots.

4. Vincnetas says:

care to fight any of them ? :)

5. Zipp says:

It’s good once a year to meet old friends, have a few drinks and be proud. I wish the para’s did the same in the UK.

6. Mouserz says:

What a very homoerotic event…

7. I Like a You says:

Very Nice! Other countries have similar event: Gay Pride Day

8. Dobra Dyen says:

They should rename Russian Paratroopers Day to “Telyashka Day”. The striped shirts have a sense of pride to the Russian military.

9. Jim says:

Someone should tell them the striped shirts look gay.

Seriously, with all the men hugging and kissing, I’d think this was a gay pride parade until someone told me differently.

I wouldn’t wnat to fight them though – they might butt-rape me.

10. shizo says:

It’s quite hypocritical of them to be homophobic and metrosexual at the same time (they all seem to shave their armpits).

11. madachode says:

striped tight shirts and tight pants, thats pretty gay looking.

12. Shakespear says:

Tough guys. Every country has their own :-)

PS: Does anyone here know this Russian music group

1) I think they are called Mezami
    2) Lead singer is called Shuva or Szuva
    3) Lead singer is also a painter and in the Russian Academy of Artists
    4) They are not from Moscow or St. Pertersburg

I looked on GOOGLE with no luck for them. Heard them on the radio being interviewed. Sound interesting.

13. Manopower says:

Are you sure this is not pride parade???? The dudes in fountain are prolly 69’ng by now hehe

14. Repnin says:

Theese guys is absolutly crazy. And it is very goode. The true soldier must be crazy and fearless. If will be need, they kick your fat american asses as nobody before. However, this may you enjoy :))
    I dont sorry for my english beсause distort and murder the English language – a sacred duty of every normal human being.

15. maxD says:

Most guys are in such good shape that it’s almost hard to believe this is indeed part of Russian army !! Which in general is pale, starving from lack of decent food and bored because there is nothing to do.

16. pimp says:

Just another example of the Russian drunks.

17. Pacific NW says:

Why can’t every day be graduation day?

18. Zhenya says:

you cant fight these guys

19. garbage says:

Another frigging post of mine deleted!!! I give up!!!!! I don’t understand why I’m being censored!

• Sahsa Pasha Pasha says:

This takes place in Minsk, which is in the caption. That is Belarus.

Also, if you can read Cyrillic, the bottom of the license plate says “Belarus”.

20. Kilroy Was Here says:

Just a bunch of frat boys doing a little tailgating before the big game.

21. BoeserMann says:

If I just would see the photos -no headline, no text- I would think it is a parade of gay. How they pose and hug each other.

22. wampo says:

If that guys dont look gay I dont know who would.

23. Out West says:

Now I can see why these guys didn’t make it through Afghanistan. I’ve never seen a drunk Canadian soldier, let alone one swimming in a public water fountain…they’d be arrested by the military police. Russia needs a vodka- free “professional army” or it’s next meaningful engagement could be a Chernobyl like experience. I’ve seen these draftees in Varadero,Cuba & if drinking was war they’d have won every battle.

24. jetbird says:

oh, man. i wonder if u can say that to their face ;)

25. Stealth says:

1 good sniper is all it takes….

26. Jason says:

Red Square,the center of the world!

I wonder if any of these tough ruskies know Sambo!

27. lololol says:

They just very expressive, there is nothing about sex.

28. IFA says:

so…you determine the ability of a country to defend itself based on how hot the soldiers are? I’ve read your posts and you obviously have no idea what life is like in Russia and are constantly putting their citizens and traditions down.

• Jason says:

Sambo is a Russian martial art.My brother in law learned it when he was in the Russian army.

He taught me some of it the last time I was in Ekaterinburg!

29. Ivan says:

Russian paratroopers are very severe despite drunkenness!

30. Johny says:

lol!
    Read carefully!
    “Ex-paratroopers go to the centre of the city and have fun”

31. nextd says:

interestingly it will be to look as you will change the opinion appear such fellow for you on a way.
    I am sorry for promt

32. Dimi says:

Paratroopers? Looks more like the annual gay parade!

I’d wear a virginity belt instead of a gun if I ever encouter those guys… :)

33. belarusian says:

Belarus, man, not Ukraine

34. belarusian says:

Belarus, man, not Ukraine!

35. too much vodka says:

Yes they are very tough, these paratroopers. But people in other countries don’t have to be afraid of them, their only victims are local people whom they beat up while being drunk.

36. Erotikshop says:

Thank you for writing this great blogposting. I truly just like the style which you use to compose about points. It absolutely was extremely informative and I want to thanks you for thaking the time to write about it. Lots of folks would clarify this stuff so more complex, but together with your statements I really realize now every thing. I am certain I’ll examine back your website and my rss reader will like your stuff as well.

37. preacherman says:

I am an ex British paratrooper with 27 years service. I assume that there to be quite a number of contributors from the USA to this piece about Russian paratroopers . They have nothing to crow about, their so called elite pale into insignificance when compared with the British SAS. Yes paratroopers are tough, we have to be – remember Stalingrad and Arnhem? The Russian people are the salt of the earth and care deeply about their beloved motherland. These paratroopers will defend it to the last drop of their blood, drunk or not!

38. buy jeans says:

lol, on march with vodka in hand

39. Ric says:

To Miss India: Please do not compare your Navy seals to Russian VDV. In terms of logistics and equipement the USA is superior but, in terms of physical resistance,determination and, human toughness Russian soldiers can be compared with French legionnaires, best soldiers in the world. One of my friend told me, that the majority of Navy Seals he saw during training session with the French Foreign Legion have to give up, cause they aren’t that tough, whereas former paratrooper would go the distance without complaining.

40. Papa Karlo says:

Worst day of the year for ordinary people in Russia, especially in Moscow. People are better off to stay inside on this day, or try to stay as far away from these drunk barbarians as possible. This includes police, by the way, they pretend that nothing is happening, unless they absolutely have to interfere. Fortunately, these savages are very conspicuous, as these photos show, and they are easy to see from distance.