18 Guinness World Records of Russia

Guinness World Records of Russia

Posted on July 10, 2009 by

piter_ice_tram

Palmyra of the North, St. Petersburg, has a tram system of record length. There are 2402 trams working in the city now (the data is from September, 2006) on 64 routes. The total length of the tram road is more than 690 km.

lomonosov_university_moscow

M. V. Lomonosov Moscow State University is the tallest educational building in the world. It is 240 meters tall, has 32 floors and 40,000 rooms.

74099

The Cathedral of Christ the Saviour is the tallest Eastern Orthodox Church in the world. After the October Revolution, or, more specifically, the death of Lenin, this building was decided to be demolished and Stalin decided to build the monument to socialism known as the Palace of Soviets. Still the project wasn’t implemented, and later the world’s largest swimming pool was built there. After the USSR fell apart, the cathedral was rebuilt.

More from our network:

18 Responses to “Guinness World Records of Russia”

1. Dogz says:

Furst..

or First.
    whatever

2. zzz says:

zomg. that Dzerzhinsk stuff is incredible

3. pimp says:

And where is the recognition for the most vodka consumption?

4. Elena says:

I want to make babies with Mr. Texas1 and create new master race.

5. Bogdan says:

I was in Moscow, I saw Lomonosow University, Gum (a big store), Red Square, Lenin mausoleum, All-Russia Exhibition Centre, visited some like vostok module, Cosmos Hotel (beautiful view, Ostankino Tower, the monument made of titan of space in front of All-Russia Exhibition Centre. I was very impressed about Russia, even it was almost 30 years ago. Massive country, plenty of woods, beautiful women. By plane, you see just woods, some Mig’s above from time to time, and by train, you might spend a week to reach your destination. But there is samovar? (I think that is the word) and friendly people. Russia is my love.

• Konstantin says:

I love people who don’t fall for using fascist comments such as “drunkards, scum, evil people, maniacs, criminals” and don’t politicise this website against the country I consider to be from, despite having lived in the West for nearly 8 years now. Great man, good friend.
      Give me five!

Sorry, was meant to reply this to you and made a mistake but the man before you also deserves the same comment so ok, no need to worry.

• ion says:

that’s not fascist, that’s a reality ;)

• too much vodka says:

I wanted to write that the nazi’s were scum, a lot of them were drunkards, and the most notorious leaders were maniacs. They were surely evil people to invade the Soviet Union and, rightly so, many of them were convicted as criminals. But as you don’t like this, I will write that nazi’s were nice, quiet and friendly people who made a healthy walk through Russia.

6. Konstantin says:

Give me five!

7. Absolute Nerd says:

Hi, how should it be zipped?
    Should I used WinZip, WinRar or 7Zip?
    7Zip has the best zipping algorithm but it takes much more power and time, please get back to me with your suggestions.

8. scot says:

Yes, it appears so. I suspect that, if it annoys you, you best not visit very often!

9. Kilroy Was Here says:

I just ran across this: …”Dzerzhinsk is one of the worst polluted cities of the world and has a life expectancy of 42 years for men and 47 for women, with 2003 death rate exceededing its birth rate by 260%.” Looks like life there may be worse than thought…

10. Chris says:

Thank you for the wonderful information! I will be sure to go through the rest of your blog articles :)