28 The UAZ Model

The UAZ Model

Posted on July 6, 2009 by

Russian car UAZ model

This story was circulating around Russian discussion boards this weekend. It's about an Italian guy who got in love with... Russian car UAZ and because of that wanted to replicate a small but almost like the real thing model of the Russian utility vehicle.

Russian car UAZ model 1

Russian car UAZ model 2

28 Responses to “The UAZ Model”

1. Andrey says:

Nice!

2. kanamin says:

I have been wanting a crawler (these fall under crawlers in the RC world, ok more technically a “scaler”) for quite some time now but this is just insane.

Usually when I see scale work done it’s with plastic! And I wonder where you can get these completely self-contained multi-speed gearboxes.

3. w says:

I was reading this on yaplakal (where there are more photos) – it is a very odd choice to devote so much time to.

• kanamin says:

Not really, there’s a huge following to scale RC rock crawlers already.
      I wish I had that kind of talent/time/money.

Plus it’s not just for display, it’s a functional RC model.

4. Dingo says:

Wonderful but the guy is insane!

5. hey everybody,

i live in canada, and had always wanted to own one of these (full size :) ). does anyone know of any places in canada or US where one could buy this UAZ ???

Thanks

• Chris says:

Terve, you’ll need to pick one up in Europe. Has to be 15 years old to import into Canada.

• alberto says:

Belive me, i own five uaz´s , the oldest one 1980 ( a van) the newest one 2008 (Uaz Hunter), all of them run very well.
      Spare parts are very cheap, and (now) easy to found on ebay.
      in UAS was only few imported, also some of them with chevy 6 cil motor and automatic gearbox, but absolutely uneasy to found.
      in canada oficialy no one.
      If you need more info, uaz469@email.it or http://www.uazitalia.org
      Bye
      Alberto

6. AlexSv says:

Here the complete construction thread: http://scale11.altervista.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5718

Bye !

7. Satyajit says:

Wow… so much effort spent in creating this!
    I would give him enough money to buy a real one, hopefully they aren’t so expensive :)

8. razor says:

Give me 1986 camaro an i will give you UAZ :)

9. Adolfo Camara says:

An impressive show of metal craftmanship!

I wonder if it has a working transmission.

Thank you E.Russia for posting this.

10. Val says:

This vehicle really deserves admiration. Good old UAZ 469 – virtually unbreakable after the owner tunes up the new one right from the plant, which is usually non-driveable.

My windows in Ulyanovsk, where UAZs are manufactured, are facing the Minaev street – the major street crossing the city and ending up at the bridge across the Volga river. It was quite normal to look out of the window and see couple of dozens of brand new UAZ cars like the one shown parked alongside the street – some with their hoods open wide, some jacked up, others with technicians’ legs stretched from beneath. They just got the cars from the plant and were trying to make them driveable before driving them to another city.

My brother was an UAZ tester for several years – his job was to drive new models all around the region, in all weather conditions. Some modifications were capable of crossing streams as much as 4 feet deep, but the driver had to sit in the water because the cabin was not designed watertight.

Those cars were really cheap and extremely rigid if maintained accordingly. Weeks ago there was a video here showing how UAZ easily outperformed Jeep or other american offroad vehicle in the mud.

11. Maaarten says:

Wow, thats very well done, now the UAZ bus! :)

12. no66y says:

Wow! incredible detail and workmanship. Impressive!

13. marco says:

UAZ 469 is a legend among Italians 4-wheels fanatics, with a reputation of military-grade strength and reliability.
    I always dreamed of having one, unfortunately they are not officially imported anymore in Italy.

14. Al Fonnz says:

Your skill is off the chart! Submit these photos to 4 wheel mags, race mags anything you can think of. You should get more work than you can handle. Ask for top dollar, your skills are worth it. Thanks, Al

15. tokalaNZ says:

All I can say is outstanding. What a talant, I wish I could do this sort of thing.

16. Ugly American says:

Wow.

Mad Skillz!

17. RB says:

I could only wish to have what it takes to complete such a task. Hats off to whoever built this,I hope he knows that kind of workmanship could make him a very rich man!

18. Musa says:

LOL you should do commercial!

19. Bachus says:

Congratulations!
    You are a great artist.

20. phrawgg2 says:

Sell this design to Tamiya. This is badass!

21. rottens says: