46 New Trains

New Trains

Posted on June 29, 2009 by

new russian trains

Now they have new trains going from Moscow to St.Petersburg with the speeds up to 300 km/h (200 mph).

new russian trains 1

new russian trains 2

46 Responses to “New Trains”

• Miss India says:

OMG Russians are so backward, they are just starting to use modern trainse we’ve been using in the west for 30 years! :(

1. nice says:

nice train.

2. Blago84 says:

Nice trainsets, from Germany with love :) These are Siemens Velaro, specially modified to fit russian standarts. They look a litle bit strange with the AS3 instead of the Scharfenberg couplings :)

• onitake says:

i hope they insisted on a female voice for warnings.
      i lol’d at the “störung” when i travelled in an ice3 for the first time…

• strannik says:

And what’s wrong with it. We’ve got your wonderful siemens trains and you’ve got space trips from us. Have you heard smth about “globaisation”. Then you will find it to be a good example of cooperation between West and East.

3. blah says:

nice graphics. probably DOS with turbo pascal underneath

4. Ms. Petrovna says:

cool :O, this will definitely make the ride a lot easier and comfortable.

5. abudy99 says:

it’s glad to see some new techno in russia

6. Punx says:

Now I only need to make up some reason to go to St. Petersburg. May be one of these days…

7. zax says:

But what happened to Russian ES-250 Sokol project (here are the pictures of prototype testing 7 years ago: http://bolovsrol.ru/gallery/rail_es250/ )?
    If I were Russian, I would be genuinely insulted by government buying foreign trains (or buses, airplanes, ships, etc).
    And why Siemens? It is just a simple, plain train… modern, yes, but not special in any way. There exist much faster, safer, and more sofisticated ones… of course, I’m talking about French TGV:

8. Indy75 says:

Nice (German) train. Shame Russia did not choose French TGV :D (reputably more secure with not a single dead since its launching). But personaly, I prefer the comfort and design of the ICE (even as a

9. blah blah blah says:

simpsons did it

10. Treefinger says:

This is 200kmh not mph!

• scot says:

That is hilarious.

I was thinking WOW! we only have ones that go 200kph (125mph) – this is going 190 mph! But no….. only 200kph so no bullet train.

11. Misha says:

How much it cost the trip moscow – s.pt – moscow, and how many hours?
    Thanks in advance

12. wb says:

Your math or the PublicRelations-Advertisement is wrong. The 300 kph is 187 mph. Still, that’s pretty darn fast. You notice that the rails are banked for a turn and the speed is lower (110 kph) in picture 2.

I wonder what the cost is for the tickets? I notice that the trains are empty. Where does this train leave from – what terminal, where?

eta moya dva rubles

13. authorized1 says:

Germany rules!!!

14. ll Uncool J says:

Yo! Where the steam come out? Choo-Choo!

15. YJ says:

Well I guess the Russians will have to put armor on it, to make it heavier to make it more Russianish.

16. xyuH says:

This train goes as fast as speed indicator shows, while attached to electric wire. Nice try. First of all the wires will be simpy torn to shreds before they will be blown off by the air shock reflected from the locomotive surface

• bagpuss says:

You think that 300kph is too fast for an electric train? Tell that to the TGV drivers whilst they’re doing 500+kph (or 350+mph)

• Ole says:

Yes, check out the TGV, it’s pretty impressive. (Google “tgv video”. This Russian one is very good looking though. Here in Canada the trains go as slow as they did 100 years ago and there are only a few left.

17. pascal says:

FYI, this trains have not started, repeat, have not started passenger services yet. still doing a test run and will only start passenger services in November 09. So chill people

18. oupire says:

Such a pity that declaring cost of tickets for this train is ~1.5 times higher than cost of airplane’s ones.

19. Cossack says:

I will be first to lay down on track, and have train pass over me at 500kph, while filming.

Wish me luck!

20. BOGDAN OF ENUCHALIA says:

Sooner or later Rooski spierdoli even such a beautiful toy.

21. BOGDAN OF ENUCHALIA says:

A Starshina left his soldiers to guard a rail cistern with a spirit in order to buy a bottle of vodka. Upon returning, he noticed with the horror that the cistern had vanished. Furious, he draws his nagan and asks:
    – Where’s spirit?
    – Hep.. – answers one of the soldiers – We’re sold it.
    – Where’s the money?
    – Drank away…

22. Neil says:

finally, beat china.

23. Anticon says:

C’est un train Siemens. Très bonne marque!

Made in Germany!

24. KBR says:

It looks like the German ICE. It would be nice to have such trains in Russia, but I am affrait that there is one problem and it is called rails and tracks for such trains. It makes no sense to buy a train that goes over 200 kph when the tracks are not made for such speeds. So in my opinion it will take years before we will such trains in Russia. But I may and hope that I am mistaken.

25. aki says:

very beutifl super train!!

26. aki says:

I hope to Trans-Siberian Railway for open a business by this super express train. And, I want you to carry goods.
    Then, the trade business in east and west becomes active.

There is variously commodity that should be delivered from Europe to Japan within two months. For instance, food. The transportation cost is too high in the airplane.
    I think that there is a lot of demand.
    Only because Russia passes the freight, the profit and the tax are obtained. I think that it is peculiar rights to Russia. If one container can be carried from Europe to Japan for 15000 dollars, I want to use it by all means!
    How about this idea?

27. aki says:

Then, the trade business in east and west becomes active.

28. YJ says:

They need to build some new tracks to accommodate for the speed of the train or else, this train would still be a prototype.